Bleeding Cool understands that it has been announced, internally at Marvel, that senior editor Steve Wacker will be leaving the comics offices for California, to take a position with Marvel Animation.
Headhunted by Marvel from DC Comics, where he edited the 52 weekly series, Steve Wacker did a similar job with the Spider-Man titles, making a three-times-a-month comic spinning out of the Brand New Day relaunch, and eventually settling with the fortnightly Dan Slott run. Under his watch, the book became Superior Spider-Man and regularly takes two slots in the monthly top ten charts.
He also edits Daredevil, Captain Marvel, Punisher, Nova, Guardians of The Galaxy and Hawkeye – the first Marvel book to be placed on the Angouleme Official Selection for years.
But Steve Wacker is a born performer, he sings, he dances (and hey, we never did get to see his audition for Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark, did we) and clearly wants things to… move.
Wacker has been a keen contributor in the Bleeding Cool message boards, much to the chagrin of many regulars, and I do hope he stays here when he goes West. Here’s a little sample of what they can expect.
And tomorrow, we find out how many DC folks will be following him.
- Who Watches The Watchmen? Geoff Johns Does, At San Diego Comic-Con With The First Panels Of ‘Doomsday Clock’ - July 20, 2017
- Watch Halle Berry Chug A Glass Of Whisky At San Diego Comic-Con’s ‘Kingsman’ Panel - July 20, 2017
- The Props Of Blade Runner At San Diego Comic-Con – With A Surprise Appearance From Adam Savage - July 20, 2017
- Steven Moffat And Sue Vertue Talk Sherlock Holmes And Manga At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017
- Jakks Pacific’s San Diego Comic-Con Panel In 61 Photos – Will We Get A Nightwing Toy Now? - July 20, 2017