It’s Strangehaven, folks.
That meticulously detailed self published comic from the nineties and noughties, in a English village that our protagonist was unable to leave, dealing with the masonic, the alien and the downright weird.
And last night, my Kingston Vale neighbour Jonathan Anderson of Soaring Penguin Press announced at an event in London that he would be bringing the previously self-published title back into print, with new chapters, after offering creator Gary Spencer Millidge an advance to work on new chapters, while maintaining his full creator ownership of the book.
They will be part of the newly revived Meanwhile… bi-monthly anthology, with 13-14 pages each issue for two years, available in print and in digital through the Sequential App.
For Strangehaven fans who became used to annual waits between 20-30 page issues and then… nothing for so long, this is the speediest return we could have dreamed of. The first twelve issues of Meanwhile… will make up the fourth volume of Strangehaven in total.
Soaring Penguin Press has been stepping up in prominence, with books such as Little Death and Peter Pan, but this should get the self published fans of the mid nineties very excited – there’s still plenty of us out there!
- Valiant Hires Drew Baumgartner and Zane Warman - December 17, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics March 2019 Solicitations - December 17, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Damage in 2019? - December 17, 2018
- Frankensteining DC Comics March 2019 Solicitations – Heroes In Crisis, Detective Comics #1000, Watchmen - December 17, 2018
- Radio Times Celebrates 40th Anniversary of a Comic, Puts The Snowman on Their Christmas Cover - December 17, 2018