by Chris Thompson
Following on from last week’s episode with Adam P. Knave (which you can listen to here) and my recent, curiously related, film podcast (which you can listen to here) I give in to fate to chat with writer/artist Greg Ruth (Freaks of the Heartland, Conan: Born on the Battlefield, The Lost Boy).
Greg is someone I’ve been meaning to speak with for a long while now and it seems the universe was somehow in agreement as the stars (and our schedules) finally aligned for it to happen this week.
We discuss how he got started, the way fine art differs from comic art, why we need more comics for kids, and what he’s doing to address that. Plus we delve into his long-awaited next project with Ethan Hawke (Indeh) which will finally see release in the not-too-distant future.
To get in touch, send feedback or submit projects for consideration, please email email@example.com. And if you missed last week’s episode (or any others) you can find them right here or subscribe via iTunes.
You can also support the Pop Culture Hound podcast by clicking here to make a donation. Your contributions are greatly appreciated and will help us maintain the site, get new equipment, and encourage us to keep going on those cold lonely nights.
And you can help out Steve Niles (whose house was recently flooded) by bidding on Greg’s auctions:
- Hasbro Announces ‘Jem and the Holograms: Dimensions Anthology’ With Kate Leth, Tana Ford, Sophie Campbell, M. Victoria Robado, And Derek Charm - July 21, 2017
- New Thanos Original Graphic Novel By Jim Starlin And Alan Davis - July 21, 2017
- ‘Secret Empire’ Will “Leave The Marvel Universe In A Very Different Place” – Sneak Peeks Ahead - July 21, 2017
- Marvel Comics Announces The Return Of Captain America With Mark Waid And Chris Samnee - July 21, 2017
- Marvel Returns Cancelled Comics With One-Shots – Master Of Kung Fu, Silver Sable, Not Brand Echh, Dazzler, Power Pack And Darkhawk - July 21, 2017