At New York Comic Con, Superior Spider-Man writer Dan Slott was insistent, repeatedly interrupting any questioner asking about Peter Parker with a loud “He’s Dead!” to repeated amusement and an emerging response from questioners through the show, “I’m glad he’s dead!”
Ah, but is he?
Today’s Superior Spider-Man has a number of surprises. A new status quo for Spider-Man 2099 that seems the set up for a spin-off series. The trail to Doctor Octopus being uncovered by investigative reports. And as for Peter Parker…
There are spoilers ahead. If you’re planning to read the book, stop now, and come back later. But if you’re the kind of person who has stopped buying the comic until Peter Parker does indeed return (and I met a few of you in New York), this may give you a glimmer of hope. And a reason to pick it up in the store…
Firstly, this scene from Superior Spider-Man #8 that took away your reason to live.
Peter being wiped away and buried under memory rocks. Memory rocks. So what happens when the Superior Spider-Man needs urgently to remember something from Peter’s life?
A scene reminiscent of Amazing Spider-Man #33. And suddenly, all you Parker fans are given a glimpse of hope.
Seriously, did you ever think it would go any other way?
Oh also, Dan Slott loves Doctor Who a little too much….
Superior Spider-Man #19 is published by Marvel today. Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London, currently exhibiting the work of Esad Ribic.
- Did Bleeding Cool Move Your Needle? - July 23, 2017
- Geek Food: The Lich King Ice Cream At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- Dan DiDio Reveals The Secret Origins Of The Comic Creators – And The Fans – At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- The First Thirteenth Doctor Cosplay At San Diego Comic-Con…Is By A Man - July 23, 2017
- David Duchovny Says He Had Difficulty Voice Acting For X-Files Audible Series - July 23, 2017