At New York Comic Con, Superior Spider-Man writer Dan Slott was insistent, repeatedly interrupting any questioner asking about Peter Parker with a loud “He’s Dead!” to repeated amusement and an emerging response from questioners through the show, “I’m glad he’s dead!”
Ah, but is he?
Today’s Superior Spider-Man has a number of surprises. A new status quo for Spider-Man 2099 that seems the set up for a spin-off series. The trail to Doctor Octopus being uncovered by investigative reports. And as for Peter Parker…
There are spoilers ahead. If you’re planning to read the book, stop now, and come back later. But if you’re the kind of person who has stopped buying the comic until Peter Parker does indeed return (and I met a few of you in New York), this may give you a glimmer of hope. And a reason to pick it up in the store…
Firstly, this scene from Superior Spider-Man #8 that took away your reason to live.
Peter being wiped away and buried under memory rocks. Memory rocks. So what happens when the Superior Spider-Man needs urgently to remember something from Peter’s life?
A scene reminiscent of Amazing Spider-Man #33. And suddenly, all you Parker fans are given a glimpse of hope.
Seriously, did you ever think it would go any other way?
Oh also, Dan Slott loves Doctor Who a little too much….
Superior Spider-Man #19 is published by Marvel today. Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London, currently exhibiting the work of Esad Ribic.
- AfterShock Signs Zac Thompson and Lonnie Nadler for 3 Comics Series – Her Infernal Descent is the First - January 18, 2018
- Spider-Man Goes to Wakanda in New Marvel Kids Comic, Marvel Super Hero Adventures - January 18, 2018
- Will Doomsday Clock Bring Back the Legion and the Justice Society? And What’s With Shazam? - January 18, 2018
- Stan Lee Coming To St Louis, Cleveland… and the Philippines - January 18, 2018
- White Noise In London – Paradiso and Void Trip Exhibition at Orbital Comics, With a Walkthrough From Ram V on Saturday - January 18, 2018