Back in the early nineties, Topps published a Zorro comic. It did rather well. Hoping to capitalise on that, and bearing in mind the bad girl craze at the time, they span the book off into Lady Rawhide, created by Don McGregor. You can probably can guess pretty much everything you need to know about her from the title. But just in case your imagination isn’t up to much….
There you go. And this image would seem to suggest its being revived by Dynamite in a new five part series.
Written by Eric Trautmann with art by Milton Estevam, that’s a Joseph Michael Linsner cover on front.
In LADY RAWHIDE #1, the masked heroine faces not only the corrupt forces of the government – bent on intimidating the populace through privation and cruelty – but also a new team of vigilantes known as the Sisters of the White Rose. The Sisters, inspired by the legends of Zorro and Lady Rawhide, have taken up the struggle against tyranny. While Lady Rawhide supports their goals, she cannot condone their bloody methods and finds herself facing off against her own devotees!
Yee, um, haa, I think. Well, at least it appears to be in keeping with the original…
- Did Bleeding Cool Move Your Needle? - July 23, 2017
- Geek Food: The Lich King Ice Cream At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- Dan DiDio Reveals The Secret Origins Of The Comic Creators – And The Fans – At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- The First Thirteenth Doctor Cosplay At San Diego Comic-Con…Is By A Man - July 23, 2017
- David Duchovny Says He Had Difficulty Voice Acting For X-Files Audible Series - July 23, 2017