Back in the early nineties, Topps published a Zorro comic. It did rather well. Hoping to capitalise on that, and bearing in mind the bad girl craze at the time, they span the book off into Lady Rawhide, created by Don McGregor. You can probably can guess pretty much everything you need to know about her from the title. But just in case your imagination isn’t up to much….
There you go. And this image would seem to suggest its being revived by Dynamite in a new five part series.
Written by Eric Trautmann with art by Milton Estevam, that’s a Joseph Michael Linsner cover on front.
In LADY RAWHIDE #1, the masked heroine faces not only the corrupt forces of the government – bent on intimidating the populace through privation and cruelty – but also a new team of vigilantes known as the Sisters of the White Rose. The Sisters, inspired by the legends of Zorro and Lady Rawhide, have taken up the struggle against tyranny. While Lady Rawhide supports their goals, she cannot condone their bloody methods and finds herself facing off against her own devotees!
Yee, um, haa, I think. Well, at least it appears to be in keeping with the original…
- Image Comics Solicits for April 2018: Launching New Series Analog, Isola, Crude, The Dead Hand, and Skyward - January 23, 2018
- Ralph Macchio Returns to the Avengers for the Infinity Shards! - January 23, 2018
- Stewart Lee Appears in Tomorrow’s Doomsday Clock #3 - January 23, 2018
- Green Lanterns #40 – “No Politics, No Complications” - January 23, 2018
- Showrunner of Lucifer Teams with Lucifer Artist for Skyward from Image Comics - January 23, 2018