Zenith was 2000AD’s first superhero strip, published in the eighties, written by Grant Morrison and drawn by Steve Yeowell. It basically got Morrison his gig on Animal Man, and the rest is history.
Serialised over a number of years, it was collected in paperback, but then it seems a new printing was suddenly halted. It seems that the paperwork on Zenith was suddenly rather unclear. Did 2000AD own it, or did Morrison? A large printing was held in a warehouse for years, with a few copies escaping into the wild, before the whole printing was pulped.
And there it stood. But now Alex Hern in the New Statesman has written;
But I’ve heard through the grapevine that that might be cleared up – and sooner than I thought. Rebellion aren’t talking, but turning up to C2E2. the Chicago comic-con, wearing Zenith t-shirts (as seen in the pic at the top, there) could be interpreted as a pretty big wink in that direction. I’d say “wait and see”; just, don’t go dropping £100 on a complete set on eBay any time soon. You’ll be kicking yourself if I’m right…
- Thought Bubble Anthology 2017 Features Jason Aaron, Jen Bartel, Cecil Castellucci, Brandon Graham, Jody Houser, Jason Latour, Emi Lenox, Simon Roy, Marley Zarcone - July 20, 2017
- Have DC Masterclass Artists For Dark Matter Only Signed Up For 3 Issues Each? - July 20, 2017
- Will Titans And Teen Titans Merge In 2018? - July 20, 2017
- Is This The True Identity Of Mr. Oz In Superman? (Possible Spoilers) - July 20, 2017
- Bleeding Cool’s First Cosplay Shots From San Diego Comic-Con 2017 - July 20, 2017