Kick Ass 2 actor Morris Chestnut has deleted the Black Panther tweet that got the Marvel movie gossip mill churning yesterday… but is that to be seen as a confirmation of sorts or not…?
Most-Read Comic Stories Monday:
I’m being told that at some point we may be discovering that he’s actually…
If anyone needs proof that people in comics, at least in British comics, are a bit leftie, you’ll find it here.
You’ll know more on Monday. We already ran the composite cover of Justice League Of America, Justice League and Justice League Dark that kicks off the Trinity War in the New DCU.
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Monday:
As it happens, the introduction of Amelia Pond was not contingent on the arrival of the Eleventh Doctor. Speaking to Doctor Who Magazine, Steven Moffat has explained what his basic story arc for series five would have been if David Tennant stayed on and Matt Smith not been recruited.
Aside from the Zygons – and Queen Elizabeth the First, I suppose – Steven Moffat doesn’t seem to be dipping too far into the legacy and history of Doctor Who to populate his now-shooting 50th anniversary special.
I don’t know if there’s more to this than the guiding hand of Mark Millar somewhere behind the scenes, but Kick-Ass 2‘s Morris Chestnut is making some very specific comic book reading decisions.
Most-Discussed In The Forum Monday:
Margaret Thatcher died of a stroke today. I ran an obituary, if that is the word, by way of cartoons. Others in comics were a little more forthright in their views.
So I had an interesting weekend chatting about Superboy.
In February, DC Comics saw one of their marketshare figures fall below the psychologically important 30% mark. In March they have fallen further, both now under 30%. DC have a 27.09% share of revenue and 29.88% share of the number of comics sold in the North American direct market. The last time this happened with both figures was in June 2009.
- Starting Today: CGC Insider – Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Comic Book Grading, And More - January 19, 2017
- The Rock Talks #BlackAdam And The Entire DCU: “Hope, Optimism & FUN… Prepare Yourselves DC Universe” - January 11, 2017
- Alien: Covenant Short Teaser Starts Unwrapping Your Christmas Present A Day Early - December 24, 2016
- Milwaukee Bucks Owner Marc Lasry Sells Wonder Woman #1 CGC 9.0 ‘Solicitation Copy’ For Record $291,100 - December 14, 2016
- Transformers: The Last Knight Poster – What… Has Happened To Bumblebee? - December 13, 2016