I’m going to say this comic book was probably underordered.
The new Star Wars comic from Dark Horse was published this week. Despite a generous overprint by the publisher over the retailer orders, those were demolished less than a day after going on sale.
All the cover price-eBay listings were instantly snapped up, leaving only the Open Bid listings, with the issue about to close already attracting bids of over $40.
Interesting the, presumably, rarer and geographically harder to locate Hastings variant of Star Wars #1 is only selling for between $20 to $25.
Speculators have been warned off those comics of late as the company has a tendency to, after a couple of weeks, put them on the website at a much lower cost, losing the geographical disadvantage that many have to acquirng a decent looking copy that previously drive high prices around the country.
But as well as a second print, there will be an incentive issue 1 featuring Alex Ross‘ pencils tied to orders of Star Wars #4. That would well be going for three f igures on publication…
- Killing The 5 Year Timeline – Superman, Flash And Blue Beetle Spoilers For The Week Ahead, Rumbling Around C2E2 - April 23, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 23rd April 2017 – Batman And Superman Beat Secret Empire, But Redneck And Monstress Rocket Up The Chart - April 23, 2017
- No Gays In Nineties X-Men? That’s What Greek Gods And Goddesses Are For… - April 23, 2017
- Some Big Wins At The C2E2 Charity Auction - April 23, 2017
- When Superheroes Get Social Justice Right, They Really Get It Right – The “Books As Flint” Panel At C2E2 - April 23, 2017