I’m going to say this comic book was probably underordered.
The new Star Wars comic from Dark Horse was published this week. Despite a generous overprint by the publisher over the retailer orders, those were demolished less than a day after going on sale.
All the cover price-eBay listings were instantly snapped up, leaving only the Open Bid listings, with the issue about to close already attracting bids of over $40.
Interesting the, presumably, rarer and geographically harder to locate Hastings variant of Star Wars #1 is only selling for between $20 to $25.
Speculators have been warned off those comics of late as the company has a tendency to, after a couple of weeks, put them on the website at a much lower cost, losing the geographical disadvantage that many have to acquirng a decent looking copy that previously drive high prices around the country.
But as well as a second print, there will be an incentive issue 1 featuring Alex Ross‘ pencils tied to orders of Star Wars #4. That would well be going for three f igures on publication…
- A Few DC Covers You May Or May Not Have Seen For August, From Cho To Portacio To Albuquerque - July 27, 2017
- Riccardo Federici Draws The Evil Batmen Of Metal For DC Comics Promotional Items - July 27, 2017
- Harley Quinn Homages The Dark Knight Returns For Batman Day Takeover - July 27, 2017
- DC Comics Cancels Suicide Squad: The Black Files — For Now - July 27, 2017
- 3 New Marvel Comics Adult Coloring Books Coming In 2018: Black Panther, New Mutants, And Avengers - July 26, 2017