I’m going to say this comic book was probably underordered.
The new Star Wars comic from Dark Horse was published this week. Despite a generous overprint by the publisher over the retailer orders, those were demolished less than a day after going on sale.
All the cover price-eBay listings were instantly snapped up, leaving only the Open Bid listings, with the issue about to close already attracting bids of over $40.
Interesting the, presumably, rarer and geographically harder to locate Hastings variant of Star Wars #1 is only selling for between $20 to $25.
Speculators have been warned off those comics of late as the company has a tendency to, after a couple of weeks, put them on the website at a much lower cost, losing the geographical disadvantage that many have to acquirng a decent looking copy that previously drive high prices around the country.
But as well as a second print, there will be an incentive issue 1 featuring Alex Ross‘ pencils tied to orders of Star Wars #4. That would well be going for three f igures on publication…
- Kirby Comics Opens in Hanover, Pennsylvania, Makes the Front Page - January 20, 2018
- Al Ewing Has a “Most Awesome, Mind-Bending Miniseries Ever” Coming from Marvel Comics - January 20, 2018
- First Peek at Wild’s End Original Graphic Novel by Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard - January 20, 2018
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018