In today’s Cable And X-Force #3, we get a new bad guy. Possibly. One Teresa Peyton. Wannabe world conqueror? Communist terrorist? Al Qaeda cell member?
Or fast food magnate?
Yes folks, it’s the boss Eat-More and the link between her chain of restaurants and her mutophobic views. Which is clearly an allegory towards Chik-Fil-A’s Dan Cathy and his statements and support against against gay marriage.
So what options do Cable And The X-Force have? A boycott that could play into mutophobic concerns? Campaigning on social media? Maybe an ad campaign of their own? Hope, lay out the options.
Oh yes because there’s some kind of mutant virus involved at the store;s operations? Otherwise known as Glenn Beck. So can we hear from the woman herself?
So hang on… now we’ve moved into gun control? Not so much an anti-marriage bigotry analogy, but now anti-gun control for teenagers analogy?
What’s an American liberal or conservative to think? Can you be anti-gay marriage and pro-gun control at the same time? Then Cable And X-Force #3 my be the Marvel comic for you!
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London.
- When Superheroes Get Social Justice Right, They Really Get It Right – The “Books As Flint” Panel At C2E2 - April 23, 2017
- When Teachers, Libraries And Comic Shops Order Bitch Planet Together – The C2E2 Panel - April 23, 2017
- Comics, Censorship, And Turmoil At The Border – The CBLDF Panel Report From C2E2 - April 23, 2017
- Will DC Bombshells Become Mothers? These Questions And More At The DC Uncharted Panel At C2E2 - April 23, 2017
- When Rooster Teeth Endorse Your Fan-Made Games At C2E2… - April 23, 2017