In today’s Cable And X-Force #3, we get a new bad guy. Possibly. One Teresa Peyton. Wannabe world conqueror? Communist terrorist? Al Qaeda cell member?
Or fast food magnate?
Yes folks, it’s the boss Eat-More and the link between her chain of restaurants and her mutophobic views. Which is clearly an allegory towards Chik-Fil-A’s Dan Cathy and his statements and support against against gay marriage.
So what options do Cable And The X-Force have? A boycott that could play into mutophobic concerns? Campaigning on social media? Maybe an ad campaign of their own? Hope, lay out the options.
Oh yes because there’s some kind of mutant virus involved at the store;s operations? Otherwise known as Glenn Beck. So can we hear from the woman herself?
So hang on… now we’ve moved into gun control? Not so much an anti-marriage bigotry analogy, but now anti-gun control for teenagers analogy?
What’s an American liberal or conservative to think? Can you be anti-gay marriage and pro-gun control at the same time? Then Cable And X-Force #3 my be the Marvel comic for you!
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London.
- DC Comics April 2018 Catalog – Solicits From Action Comics #1000 to Splitting Batman In Two… - January 22, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Trinity With #22 in April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Will Marvel’s New Young Guns Move the Needle? - January 22, 2018
- 20 Previews of Free Comic Book Day 2018 Titles, from Barrier to Relay to 2000AD Reneged - January 22, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits for April 2018 - January 22, 2018