In today’s Cable And X-Force #3, we get a new bad guy. Possibly. One Teresa Peyton. Wannabe world conqueror? Communist terrorist? Al Qaeda cell member?
Or fast food magnate?
Yes folks, it’s the boss Eat-More and the link between her chain of restaurants and her mutophobic views. Which is clearly an allegory towards Chik-Fil-A’s Dan Cathy and his statements and support against against gay marriage.
So what options do Cable And The X-Force have? A boycott that could play into mutophobic concerns? Campaigning on social media? Maybe an ad campaign of their own? Hope, lay out the options.
Oh yes because there’s some kind of mutant virus involved at the store;s operations? Otherwise known as Glenn Beck. So can we hear from the woman herself?
So hang on… now we’ve moved into gun control? Not so much an anti-marriage bigotry analogy, but now anti-gun control for teenagers analogy?
What’s an American liberal or conservative to think? Can you be anti-gay marriage and pro-gun control at the same time? Then Cable And X-Force #3 my be the Marvel comic for you!
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London.
- Magneto to Move Centre Stage With Cable? But What About Uncanny X-Men #1? - July 16, 2018
- Scarlet Spider Done at #25 and Relaunch For Peter Parker? - July 16, 2018
- Old Man Logan to Wrap With November’s 50th Issue? - July 16, 2018
- Bryan Hill and Rodney Buchemi Create New Kiss Comic, Blood and Stardust, From Dynamite - July 16, 2018
- Sacha Baron Cohen’s ‘Who Is America?’ Exposes the TV Endorsement – Like Brass Eye Did 20 Years Ago - July 16, 2018