Mark likes, where possible, to show rather than tell whereas on “Ultron,” Bendy was choosing a more dialogue-structured narrative, at least on the issues I drew. That can be a little trickier for an artist. If you have twelve speaking characters in the same location for 30 or 40 pages, then obviously no writer is going to consider the physical location of each one in how he or she writes the dialogue.
Which brought out this nugget. A reader writes;
I was talking with a friend at work about Greg Capullo and how great it is that he resurrected his career with Batman. Then we got on the topic of the other McFarlane “clone,” Angel Medina, and how he just up and disappeared from Marvel. (Strange timing, because I see he’s doing an upcoming KISS book from IDW.) My buddy actually met Angel at the Philly con a few years back and a discussion was had about how Quesada offered him an Avengers book. The book was Mighty Avengers — this is true, you can actually find a number of sites reporting that at the time. It would have been the Venom Bomb/Symbiotes storyline that was instead drawn by Mark Bagley.
So what happened? Angel got bored. He wasn’t crazy about the line-up, as far as he was concerned, they were not “THE” Avengers. But the real killer was Bendis. Despite the success of their previous collaboration on Sam and Tiwtch, Angel said it was just too boring to draw pages and pages of the Avengers standing around talking.
Actually, yes. Some original art with the following accompanying text;
I picked this up at WWC 2011. While flipping through Angel’s portfolio, I came across this page and was a little curious about it since this arc was drawn by Mark Bagley. I asked him if this was a test page for the series. He explained to me that he was hired to do the arc, but halfway through issue 7 he got bored with it and left the book. This page is from Mighty Avengers issue #7.
- No One Told JH Williams III That Promethea Was Joining the Justice League - January 18, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Created Variant of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018