It both promotes the comic and raises money for charity. Not a bad way to do business. Mark Millar is currently auctioning off the naming rights to his upcoming comic with Frank Quitely, Jupiter’s Children.
Previous auctions from Millar have raised money for the school for disabled children at which his brother works, Kick Ass raised a four figure sum and made Deve Lizewski famous, $5,000 from Superior and $8,500 from Nemesis. Secret Service raised $5,100 to send kids from his old school to the big Christmas pantomimes of Glasgow. Although Millar then found himself in the curious position on TV of promoting rival, smaller pantomime productions being squeezed out by the bigger events.
He is currently auctioning off the naming rights to one of the main characters in Jupiter’s Chiklren – though he will choose which character the name fits best after the winner is announced. The money, currently with 54 bids up to $3,550 and five hours to go, will go into the pantomime pot.
- Batman’s Plan for Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy in This Week’s Batman #43 - March 19, 2018
- Man, Everyone Gets to be Worthy These Days (Thanos #16 and #17 Spoilers) - March 19, 2018
- Family of Star Wars/Deadpool Artist Nicole ‘Nik’ Virella Raising Money for Operation - March 19, 2018
- Golden Apple Comics Shop Launches Its Own Comics with Darick Robertson, Michael McMillian, and Lindsey Stirling - March 19, 2018
- Christopher Sebela and Joshua Hixson Launch Shanghai Red from Image in June - March 19, 2018