I understand that after Final Order Cut Off, the order numbers for Amazing Spider-Man #700 stands at a quarter of a million copies, at $7.99 each. Which works out as two million dollars retail. It used a number of tiered variant covers (including a 1:200 version) but nothing like, say Uncanny Avengers #1 or the deep discounting of... well, also Uncany Avengers #1.
But as we’ve mentioned before, also shipping on the same day, and the only two Marvel titles available, and a direct sequel to Amazing Spider-Man #700, is Avenging Spider-Man #15.1. I understand orders have been a tiny fraction of the Amazing Spider-Man #700 ones. As a result, demand may well outstrip supply on December 26th.
This feels like one for a future Speculator’s Corner, no?
- Venom to Get an “Epic” in the Fall of 2018… Another One? - January 23, 2018
- Image Comics Solicits for April 2018: Launching New Series Analog, Isola, Crude, The Dead Hand, and Skyward - January 23, 2018
- Ralph Macchio Returns to the Avengers for the Infinity Shards! - January 23, 2018
- Stewart Lee Appears in Tomorrow’s Doomsday Clock #3 - January 23, 2018
- Green Lanterns #40 – “No Politics, No Complications” - January 23, 2018