I understand that after Final Order Cut Off, the order numbers for Amazing Spider-Man #700 stands at a quarter of a million copies, at $7.99 each. Which works out as two million dollars retail. It used a number of tiered variant covers (including a 1:200 version) but nothing like, say Uncanny Avengers #1 or the deep discounting of... well, also Uncany Avengers #1.
But as we’ve mentioned before, also shipping on the same day, and the only two Marvel titles available, and a direct sequel to Amazing Spider-Man #700, is Avenging Spider-Man #15.1. I understand orders have been a tiny fraction of the Amazing Spider-Man #700 ones. As a result, demand may well outstrip supply on December 26th.
This feels like one for a future Speculator’s Corner, no?
- Rewriting Superman From Scratch In Action Comics #978 – With A Little Help From Secret Origin - April 24, 2017
- The Fake Jack Kirby Art That Sold For Over $2500 On eBay? - April 24, 2017
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017