I understand that after Final Order Cut Off, the order numbers for Amazing Spider-Man #700 stands at a quarter of a million copies, at $7.99 each. Which works out as two million dollars retail. It used a number of tiered variant covers (including a 1:200 version) but nothing like, say Uncanny Avengers #1 or the deep discounting of... well, also Uncany Avengers #1.
But as we’ve mentioned before, also shipping on the same day, and the only two Marvel titles available, and a direct sequel to Amazing Spider-Man #700, is Avenging Spider-Man #15.1. I understand orders have been a tiny fraction of the Amazing Spider-Man #700 ones. As a result, demand may well outstrip supply on December 26th.
This feels like one for a future Speculator’s Corner, no?
- Image Comics To Publish 30 Walking Dead Tribute Variant Covers In October - July 27, 2017
- Captain America #695 Lenticular Cover By Alex Ross Homages John Romita Jr. And Bob Layton’s Iron Man - July 27, 2017
- Rich Johnston At The London Film And Comic Con Tomorrow, Table 38 - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of That Feminist Agenda T-Shirt (Marvel Comics Spoilers) - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of Wizard Magazine: A Guide To Comics? - July 27, 2017