I understand that after Final Order Cut Off, the order numbers for Amazing Spider-Man #700 stands at a quarter of a million copies, at $7.99 each. Which works out as two million dollars retail. It used a number of tiered variant covers (including a 1:200 version) but nothing like, say Uncanny Avengers #1 or the deep discounting of... well, also Uncany Avengers #1.
But as we’ve mentioned before, also shipping on the same day, and the only two Marvel titles available, and a direct sequel to Amazing Spider-Man #700, is Avenging Spider-Man #15.1. I understand orders have been a tiny fraction of the Amazing Spider-Man #700 ones. As a result, demand may well outstrip supply on December 26th.
This feels like one for a future Speculator’s Corner, no?
- Star Wars Episode VIII Will Be Called…. The Last Jedi - January 23, 2017
- How Will Your Comic Store Celebrate Image Comics Day On February 1st? - January 23, 2017
- Walking Dead Co-Creator Tony Moore To Benefit Planned Parenthood With This Commemorative Trump Print - January 23, 2017
- Yet More Punching Nazis, Pepe The Frog, Richard Spencer … And Jack Kirby - January 23, 2017
- The Spoilery Titles Of Marvel/Netflix’s Iron Fist Episodes, Who Directed Them, And Why The DVD Will Be 18 Rated In The UK - January 23, 2017