Take it away, Dr. Manolis V: This is how it went down in comics during the past two weeks: both the proudest gay panel of the year and the most shameful, geek rantings, closing of school for young heroes and mutants, new starts for Iron Man and Deadpool, some penis mutilation and cake. Yummy, yummy cake.
Most-Read Comic Stories Today:
A few funny moments here, particularly at Jeremy Renner and Hawkeye’s expense:
This is how it went down in comics during the past two weeks: both the proudest gay panel of the year and the most shameful, geek rantings, closing of school for young heroes and mutants, new starts for Iron Man and Deadpool, some penis mutilation and cake. Yummy, yummy cake.
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Today:
I love stage magic. In fact, I was a stage magician for several years, working as part of a group on the Isle of Man, and I learnt everything from setting the stage up to writing links for shows, to exactly how much it hurts when a kid you pull up from the audience yanks on the glass you’re showing him so hard that the section of your hand holding it in place folds the wrong way.
It’s certainly possible. As the Black Friday deals aproach, this seems to have nipped in early with the Prometheus 3d/Blu Ray/DVD/Digital Combo pack down from $50 to $15.
The nerdosphere’s favourite pick to take up the megaphone for Star Wars Episode 7 seemed to be Brad Bird, even in the face of great evidence that he’s not involved and busy with his own science fiction picture, 1952 or Tesla or whatever they end up calling it.
Most-Discussed In The Forum Today:
It’s the end of the world as we know it.
Did you buy a Marvel comic book today? A $3.99 one? Was it around twenty pages long? Did you get annoyed paying an extra dollar than you would have from DC Comics? Did you use the digital code you get free with the comic? No?
- The Rock Talks #BlackAdam And The Entire DCU: “Hope, Optimism & FUN… Prepare Yourselves DC Universe” - January 11, 2017
- Alien: Covenant Short Teaser Starts Unwrapping Your Christmas Present A Day Early - December 24, 2016
- Milwaukee Bucks Owner Marc Lasry Sells Wonder Woman #1 CGC 9.0 ‘Solicitation Copy’ For Record $291,100 - December 14, 2016
- Transformers: The Last Knight Poster – What… Has Happened To Bumblebee? - December 13, 2016
- Mantis, Baby Groot, And 60+ Screencaps From The New Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 Trailer - December 3, 2016