You didn’t think it was going to come that easily did you? The Bryan O’Malley variant cover for Young Avengers #1? Originally solicited as being able to be ordered by any old Harry or Sally, Marvel have now placed restrictions on it – copies can be ordered, in any amount, but only if the retailer also orders copies of the standard cover that exceed their orders for AVX #6 which, according to usual North American Diamond estimates, will have been around 75,000 copies.So if you want a copy, you may have to persuade your retailer to order a few more copies of the standard version. Maybe buy a couple yourself.Of course there is another option that some larger stores have been taken. Those with more than one store, with more than one Diamond account, can game the system slightly. By keeping orders generally low on one account and making up stock with a higher order account, you can then order these kind of deals with the low order account for both stores, and qualify for the variant covers easily.
And then if any order qualifications are based on Young Avengers #1 in the future, order that from the high order account instead.
- Ryan North’s Passion For Dinosaurs Bleeds Into Unbeatable Squirrel Girl (SPOILERS) - July 28, 2017
- Marvel Comics Misgenders Its Own Superheroes In Marvel Book Previews - July 28, 2017
- Joe Quesada Lenticular Cover For Marvel Legacy #1 Is Now “Order All You Want” - July 28, 2017
- Simon Furman Announced To Write Robotech For Titan Comics - July 28, 2017
- Avatar Press Runs 75% Off ComiXology Sale: Jonathan Hickman, Alan Moore, Warren Ellis, And More - July 28, 2017