You didn’t think it was going to come that easily did you? The Bryan O’Malley variant cover for Young Avengers #1? Originally solicited as being able to be ordered by any old Harry or Sally, Marvel have now placed restrictions on it – copies can be ordered, in any amount, but only if the retailer also orders copies of the standard cover that exceed their orders for AVX #6 which, according to usual North American Diamond estimates, will have been around 75,000 copies.So if you want a copy, you may have to persuade your retailer to order a few more copies of the standard version. Maybe buy a couple yourself.Of course there is another option that some larger stores have been taken. Those with more than one store, with more than one Diamond account, can game the system slightly. By keeping orders generally low on one account and making up stock with a higher order account, you can then order these kind of deals with the low order account for both stores, and qualify for the variant covers easily.
And then if any order qualifications are based on Young Avengers #1 in the future, order that from the high order account instead.
- Buzz and Pat Broderick, the New Inker Ambassadors for the Inkwell Awards - January 16, 2018
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018