We’re getting a new Iron Man film next year, Iron Man 3, based in part on the Iron Man: Extremis arc by Warren Ellis and Adi Granov.
The thing is, ongoing franchise superhero comic don’t often get a sales bump from movies. The product available is too vast, too wide, there’s little to make a convincing argument to bookstores and readers that will transfer to sales. Unlike Walking Dead, Scott Pilgrim and Watchmen, where there is a central sales avenue, the big superhero names often just can’t get it together.
It looks like, in the UK at least, Panini/Marvel UK doesn’t want that to happen to Iron Man 3. They are putting together a new edition of Iron Man: Extremis and promoting it specifically as the tie-in book of the film. Take a look at this bookseller listing:
- We Are All Monsters – A Cadaver’s Confession - January 22, 2017
- Through The Eyes Of An Elephant-Man - January 22, 2017
- ‘Bout Time … Deadpool Meets Gwenpool - January 22, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017