We’re getting a new Iron Man film next year, Iron Man 3, based in part on the Iron Man: Extremis arc by Warren Ellis and Adi Granov.
The thing is, ongoing franchise superhero comic don’t often get a sales bump from movies. The product available is too vast, too wide, there’s little to make a convincing argument to bookstores and readers that will transfer to sales. Unlike Walking Dead, Scott Pilgrim and Watchmen, where there is a central sales avenue, the big superhero names often just can’t get it together.
It looks like, in the UK at least, Panini/Marvel UK doesn’t want that to happen to Iron Man 3. They are putting together a new edition of Iron Man: Extremis and promoting it specifically as the tie-in book of the film. Take a look at this bookseller listing:
- Who Watches The Watchmen? Geoff Johns Does, At San Diego Comic-Con With The First Panels Of ‘Doomsday Clock’ - July 20, 2017
- Watch Halle Berry Chug A Glass Of Whisky At San Diego Comic-Con’s ‘Kingsman’ Panel - July 20, 2017
- The Props Of Blade Runner At San Diego Comic-Con – With A Surprise Appearance From Adam Savage - July 20, 2017
- Steven Moffat And Sue Vertue Talk Sherlock Holmes And Manga At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017
- Jakks Pacific’s San Diego Comic-Con Panel In 61 Photos – Will We Get A Nightwing Toy Now? - July 20, 2017