We’re getting a new Iron Man film next year, Iron Man 3, based in part on the Iron Man: Extremis arc by Warren Ellis and Adi Granov.
The thing is, ongoing franchise superhero comic don’t often get a sales bump from movies. The product available is too vast, too wide, there’s little to make a convincing argument to bookstores and readers that will transfer to sales. Unlike Walking Dead, Scott Pilgrim and Watchmen, where there is a central sales avenue, the big superhero names often just can’t get it together.
It looks like, in the UK at least, Panini/Marvel UK doesn’t want that to happen to Iron Man 3. They are putting together a new edition of Iron Man: Extremis and promoting it specifically as the tie-in book of the film. Take a look at this bookseller listing:
- Genderflipping Doctor Jekyll And Mr Hyde – Living In An Electric Empire At C2E2 With Viola Carr - April 23, 2017
- 31 Shots Of Cosplay From C2E2 Day 2 From Neon Leia To A Full Galactus - April 22, 2017
- Legacy Numbering, Classic And Modern Characters, Value Stamps And The Return Of FOOM To Marvel Comics – What Were Bleeding Cool Scoops? - April 22, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: Smile – It’s A Good Thirteenth Life - April 22, 2017
- Talking Hydra, Marvel, Nazis, Captain America On A Saturday Morning - April 22, 2017