MTV News interviewed George RR Martin about Wild Cards, the series of intertwined superhero stories, and he talked about not getting Alan Moore on the books, but being pitched at San Diego Comic Con in 1987 by “this skinny British kid who dressed all in black” called Neil Gaiman who he blew off because Gaiman didn’t have enough credits. Something Martin regrets and he would love Neil to write for Wild Cards now.
I just bet he would.
And then they interviewed Neil Gaiman about it, who revealed that, yes, he did pitch an idea to Martin for Wild Cards about “a guy who lives in dreams”. Getting shot down, he then took that idea and published it through DC Comics as Sandman…
And for those who would like to see what a Neil Gaiman Wild Cards story might have looked like, there’s always Temps…
- Teri Hatcher And Dean Cain Both Up For A Lois & Clark Reboot - May 23, 2017
- Shirtless Bear-Fighter Bears All For Nude Beariant Cover For FOC… - May 23, 2017
- Liam Sharp Bares All For Wonder Woman #23 Preview - May 23, 2017
- Will You Drink To American Gods In Dark Horse Comics Solicits For August 2017 - May 23, 2017
- All The Doctor Who Solicits For Titan Comics For August 2017, Including Four Doctors Crossover - May 23, 2017