When Marvel began their hardcover line, back in the days of Bill Jemas, the hardcovers were attractively priced. Sometimes they would cost quite a but less than the cost of the original issues. They were a steal.
Today, not so much. The Premiere hardcovers changed the equation again, so that they were more expensive, but still not so much
The listing for the Uncanny Avengers – Volume 1: The Red Shadow hardcover however, is a revelation.
$24.99 for four issues. Issues that cost $3.99 each. In the hardcover, that works out as $6.25 each.
Even at the Amazon discount of 34% off (for now), that still works out as $4.12 each.
Ouchie. Especially since some retailers will be heavily discounting Uncanny Avengers when it comes out in individual issues.
If you’re a tradewaiter, you might want to ask yourself why…
- More Changes For Justice League #23 And #24 Creative Teams With Tom DeFalco, Dan Abnett, Ian Churchill, Tom Derenick And Trevor Scott - May 24, 2017
- DC Comics To Let Retailers Sell Dark Days: The Forge And Other June 14th Comics From Midnight On The 13th… - May 24, 2017
- Amazon Glitchwatch: 73% Off 75th Anniversary Marvel Masterworks Slipcase Set On Amazon.co.uk - May 24, 2017
- Danger Dolls #0 Crossover Event And Toyetica #1, Launching From Action Lab And Danger Zone August 2017 Solicitations - May 24, 2017
- Black Mask Comics Solicitations For August 2017 Head To The Afterlife… - May 24, 2017