Will Romine, the fan with one of the most ingenious cosplay costumes ever devised, reports from Baltimore:
The DC Panel at Baltimore Comic Con marked the first DC panel following the first year of the New 52. Present were Dan Didio, Scott Snyder, Jeff Lemire, and Greg Capullo. The panel started off with DiDio stating that he skipped Baltimore Comic Con in 2011 because he was afraid of the reaction to the New 52. Other than that, the panel ran like most other DC panels I’ve been to, so I’ll share a few of the juicer bullet points:
- Starro will appear in Rot World
- When the New 52 began, writers were told to “write as if they were writing fan fiction.”
- Though the numbering was reset, DiDio says that DC will recognize when Action and Detective Comics hit their 1,000th issue. (can anyone do the math as to which issue that will be in the new 52 numbering scheme?)
- To the whole “Was Tim a Robin?” confusion, DiDio says that Tim called himself “Red Robin” out of respect to Jason. DiDio was unclear whether he began with the Red Robin costume, or adopted that later in his career.
- Black Lanterns are not connected to the Rot.
- Greg Capullo showed me a sketch on his iPhone of the Joker’s new look. I wasn’t allowed to take a snapshot for myself, so I’ll paint you a word-picture. The best way I can describe Mr. J’s new look is to say that it’s like the Joker made a mask of his own face. The eyeholes don’t quite line up with his eye sockets and the borders of the skin look frayed, almost like the scarecrow’s mask rendered in skin.
Hope you learned something new, and don’t be afraid to follow me @notacomplainer
- The Silent Night Dies Hard: Hans Gruber and Franz Gruber - December 3, 2018
- Boris Karloff’s Guide to Holiday Shopping - December 3, 2018
- Turkey Vigilantes, Dead Rabbits, and the Greatest Thanksgiving Story of All Time - November 22, 2018
- Harry Potter and the Last Person on Earth Who Knows Nothing About It: Part 1 - November 22, 2018
- Tom Cruise Will Never Go Back to Jack Reacher Again - November 15, 2018