Either way Marvel comics character, Venom, is leaving New York for Philadelphia. Both the writer Cullen Bunn and editor Tom Brennan went to Philadelphia’s Drexel University, and they’re giving their alumni their own superhero.
Or, at least, something close to it.
Bunn is quoted as saying “He’s surrounding himself with new people – such as tabloid journalist Katy Kiernan and his new love interest, the Asgardian Valkyrie. He’s changing his approach to being a superhero. And he’s looking for a change of scenery.”
While Brennan is quoted as saying “This is a good man with a troubled past who needed a fresh start, and thought the City of Brotherly Love was the perfect place for him to take his next steps in becoming the hero he was born to be.”
The first Philadephia issue will be out in December.
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018
- What Happens if the Big Two Stop Publishing Comics? Find Out in This New Comic - January 20, 2018
- Comics Creator Mark Campos Has Died, Aged 55 - January 20, 2018
- African American Superhero Comics ‘YouNeek’ Get UK/European Bookstore Distribution Deal - January 20, 2018
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018