It appears that the comic book creator of Ant, Mario Gully, was charged with robbery in July, resulting in his incarceration. He pled guilty to the charge of larceny from a person and is currently awaiting sentencing.
Jack Estrada noticed the official record of his arrest, as well as the news that his family were deleting his Facebook page, and noting that he wouldn’t be around for some time.
Ant was a comic that Gully invented when he was sentenced for robbery back in 1996, which he talked about as being a turning point in his life.
Published by Arcana, then Image Comics, then Big City Comics, he then worked for Marvel on comics such as Marvel Illustrated, Hulk and Exiles.
- DC Comics April 2018 Catalog – Solicits From Action Comics #1000 to Splitting Batman In Two… - January 22, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Trinity With #22 in April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Will Marvel’s New Young Guns Move the Needle? - January 22, 2018
- 20 Previews of Free Comic Book Day 2018 Titles, from Barrier to Relay to 2000AD Reneged - January 22, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits for April 2018 - January 22, 2018