UPDATE: Balls. Looks like the usually rather reliable UK Comic Conventions site got scammed. They now write;
” IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED THAT THIS IS INDEED A FAKE NAME RELEASED TO US AND HAS BEEN CONFIRMED AS NOT COMING”
As you were.
The original article runs below:
Earlier this year, the new London Super Comic Convention persuaded Stan Lee (or rather paid him around $200,000) to attend the show, where he signed, chatted, and shook hands with hundreds, even thousands of British comic convention goers, all of whom paid handsomely for the privilege. And then, as aging fanboys who hadn’t been to a comics convention in years since the final London UKCACs of the nineties, proceeded to spend their saved up money at the rest of the tables. Giving Bob Layton the most profitable weekend at a comic book convention he has ever had. George Perez, Mike Deodato, they all did pretty well too.
I was told that next year the show had someone to match Stan Lee. But who would it be? Alan Moore? Neil Gaiman? Steven King? Who else could draw so many people, and get so much attention as Stan Lee in London?
I never speculated this one.
Comic Conventions is reporting Steve Ditko, the other man who created Spider-Man, is coming to town. The man who lives a relatively sheltered life, doesn’t attend comic conventions, doesn’t engage with the rest of the industry and seems to want to have little to do with his most famous of creations.
Yet he’s coming to London for the Super Comic Con.
You know, if this is true, I can already tell that some of his fellow Americans will be travelling with him just for an excuse to meet the man, even if that’s half the world away.
- Teri Hatcher And Dean Cain Both Up For A Lois & Clark Reboot - May 23, 2017
- Shirtless Bear-Fighter Bears All For Nude Beariant Cover For FOC… - May 23, 2017
- Liam Sharp Bares All For Wonder Woman #23 Preview - May 23, 2017
- Will You Drink To American Gods In Dark Horse Comics Solicits For August 2017 - May 23, 2017
- All The Doctor Who Solicits For Titan Comics For August 2017, Including Four Doctors Crossover - May 23, 2017