And it’s not.
Comic books are launched with pizzazz, razzle dazzle, hootenanny and spectacle. But often cancelled in ignimony, shame and hopefully where few will notice. A good trick is to “bury the lead”, announce it next to a much bigger story.
Such as Matt Fraction writing Fantastic Four and FF being reported by USA Today. And then saying halfway down the page;
She-Hulk has a pedigree with the team since she has been a member of the Fantastic Four, plus she’d be Ben’s pick because she’s “the one person he knew he could never lick,” says Fraction, who writes Red She-Hulk in Defenders, which ends its run at issue 12 in November.
Defenders was launched with much fanfare, relaunching the faded Marvel trademark team of characters and bringing new changes to the team. Sales however did not reflect the hype with sales clinging around the 100 mark – one of the Marvel Universe’s lowest sellers.
Look for the last issue being listed in the upcoming November solicits.
- “Marvel, I Hope You Beat DC Sales Wise Instore Again” – Rodman Comics On The Marvel ComicsPRO Controversy - February 21, 2017
- FULL Marvel Comics Solicitations For May 2017 With Commentary – Will You Pay $55 For Secret Empire In May? - February 21, 2017
- Anders Nilsen’s Cover For Fantagraphics’ Launch Of All Time Comics: Atlas In May 2017 - February 21, 2017
- A Comic Convention Like They Used To Be – The SD Comic Fest, Last Weekend - February 21, 2017
- The Statue Based On Frank Cho’s Wonder Woman Covers - February 21, 2017