And it’s not.
Comic books are launched with pizzazz, razzle dazzle, hootenanny and spectacle. But often cancelled in ignimony, shame and hopefully where few will notice. A good trick is to “bury the lead”, announce it next to a much bigger story.
Such as Matt Fraction writing Fantastic Four and FF being reported by USA Today. And then saying halfway down the page;
She-Hulk has a pedigree with the team since she has been a member of the Fantastic Four, plus she’d be Ben’s pick because she’s “the one person he knew he could never lick,” says Fraction, who writes Red She-Hulk in Defenders, which ends its run at issue 12 in November.
Defenders was launched with much fanfare, relaunching the faded Marvel trademark team of characters and bringing new changes to the team. Sales however did not reflect the hype with sales clinging around the 100 mark – one of the Marvel Universe’s lowest sellers.
Look for the last issue being listed in the upcoming November solicits.
- 3 New Marvel Comics Adult Coloring Books Coming In 2018: Black Panther, New Mutants, And Avengers - July 26, 2017
- The “I’m Not Buying This For A Second” Death In Secret Empire #7 (SPOILERS) - July 26, 2017
- Zatanna As A Hogwarts Professor? Frank Cho’s Sketch Covers And Commissions From San Diego Comic-Con - July 26, 2017
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Flash #27 - July 26, 2017
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Faith And The Future Force #1 - July 26, 2017