And it’s not.
Comic books are launched with pizzazz, razzle dazzle, hootenanny and spectacle. But often cancelled in ignimony, shame and hopefully where few will notice. A good trick is to “bury the lead”, announce it next to a much bigger story.
Such as Matt Fraction writing Fantastic Four and FF being reported by USA Today. And then saying halfway down the page;
She-Hulk has a pedigree with the team since she has been a member of the Fantastic Four, plus she’d be Ben’s pick because she’s “the one person he knew he could never lick,” says Fraction, who writes Red She-Hulk in Defenders, which ends its run at issue 12 in November.
Defenders was launched with much fanfare, relaunching the faded Marvel trademark team of characters and bringing new changes to the team. Sales however did not reflect the hype with sales clinging around the 100 mark – one of the Marvel Universe’s lowest sellers.
Look for the last issue being listed in the upcoming November solicits.
- Dark Horse Comics Semi-Liquidates Over 300 Collections And Hardcovers, Including Buffy Omnibuses - March 26, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – 26th March 2017 – Unworthy, Reborn And Leaked - March 26, 2017
- Women In Comics Con 2017: Because Pop Culture Is A Mirror That Reflects Everyone - March 26, 2017
- Chicago’s FanFest 2017 – “This Is What Happens When Your Country Is Founded By Religious Nuts With Guns” - March 26, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 26th March 2017 – “Iron Fist Is Off To A Good Start But We Didn’t Sell A Single Issue Of Gamora” - March 26, 2017