And it’s not.
Comic books are launched with pizzazz, razzle dazzle, hootenanny and spectacle. But often cancelled in ignimony, shame and hopefully where few will notice. A good trick is to “bury the lead”, announce it next to a much bigger story.
Such as Matt Fraction writing Fantastic Four and FF being reported by USA Today. And then saying halfway down the page;
She-Hulk has a pedigree with the team since she has been a member of the Fantastic Four, plus she’d be Ben’s pick because she’s “the one person he knew he could never lick,” says Fraction, who writes Red She-Hulk in Defenders, which ends its run at issue 12 in November.
Defenders was launched with much fanfare, relaunching the faded Marvel trademark team of characters and bringing new changes to the team. Sales however did not reflect the hype with sales clinging around the 100 mark – one of the Marvel Universe’s lowest sellers.
Look for the last issue being listed in the upcoming November solicits.
- Suicide Squad Has A Brand New Leader. But Amanda Waller Is Going To Make You Wait. - June 28, 2017
- DC Comics Allows Dark Nights: Metal #1 To Go On Sale From Midnight On Tuesday, August 15th - June 28, 2017
- Batman #24 Goes To Fourth Print For Marriage Proposal. #25 Goes To Second Print - June 28, 2017
- Preview Of Shirtless Bear-Fighter #2 Brings You… The Hillbilly Warlock - June 28, 2017
- So This Is Why They Call It “The Mount” – Sex Lives Of The Superheroes In Occupy Avengers #8 - June 28, 2017