Dan Slott has laid out what Marvel NOW! will mean for the Marvel line of comics.
with Marvel NOW everything that happened yesterday and the year before STILL happened. All of those comics still “count.” The Marvel NOW initiative is about what happens next…
What you’re getting with Marvel NOW is Marvel’s most high profile creators kicking off new, epic runs on Marvel’s biggest characters.
This isn’t a fly-by-night deal. You’re not going to see a creator on a book for four or six issues and then– whoosh– a new creative team gets slapped in. What you’re getting here is a bunch of writers and artists who are committed not just to exploding out of the gate with big, bold new ideas– but to also make those the starts of legendary runs.
That’s Marvel NOW!
Marvel have gained a reputation for canning lower selling titles and increasing the frequency of better selling series far more than one artist could cope with, leading to disparate creative runs and fill in artists, shifting from one to the next to the next. Could Marvel NOW! be a reversal of that approach?
- DC Comics Take Legal Action Against Ice Cream Store For The Shape Of Their “G” - January 17, 2017
- Dr Aphra, OOO And BT-1 Make Their Way Into The Wider Star Wars Universe - January 17, 2017
- Image Gives Curse Words A Gold Embossed One-Per-Retailer Cover Too – Well, It Is Their Birthday Any Day Now - January 17, 2017
- Marvel’s One Per Store Variant Covers – Collect The Set? from Mighty Captain Marvel To Venom - January 17, 2017
- Dark Horse To Publish Omnibus Of Buffy Season 8 Written By Joss Whedon, Bryan K Vaughan, Drew Goddard And More - January 17, 2017