Dan Slott has laid out what Marvel NOW! will mean for the Marvel line of comics.
with Marvel NOW everything that happened yesterday and the year before STILL happened. All of those comics still “count.” The Marvel NOW initiative is about what happens next…
What you’re getting with Marvel NOW is Marvel’s most high profile creators kicking off new, epic runs on Marvel’s biggest characters.
This isn’t a fly-by-night deal. You’re not going to see a creator on a book for four or six issues and then– whoosh– a new creative team gets slapped in. What you’re getting here is a bunch of writers and artists who are committed not just to exploding out of the gate with big, bold new ideas– but to also make those the starts of legendary runs.
That’s Marvel NOW!
Marvel have gained a reputation for canning lower selling titles and increasing the frequency of better selling series far more than one artist could cope with, leading to disparate creative runs and fill in artists, shifting from one to the next to the next. Could Marvel NOW! be a reversal of that approach?
- Diamond Says X-O Manowar #1 Was 10th Bestselling Comic In March, Not 12th As Previously Reported - July 24, 2017
- Marvel Comics To Publish Sampler Volume For Star Wars Reads Day In October - July 24, 2017
- Zack Kaplan And Andrea Mutti’s New Comic ‘Port Of Earth’ Coming From Image Comics In November - July 24, 2017
- DC Comics To Run TV Ads For ‘Dark Knight III: The Master Race’ Collection For The Holidays - July 24, 2017
- Details On How Harley Quinn Will Take Over Batman Day In September - July 24, 2017