Sometime this week, I don’t know where, I don’t know when, Dave Elliott will relaunch A1. For the fourth (I think) time.
Originally spinning out of Dave’s time at Quality Communications working on Warrior, he and Garry Leach created Atomeka, to publish A1, containing the creator owned work of Alan Moore, Garry Leach, Brian Bolland, Warren Ellis, Steve Pugh, Ted McKeever, Neil Gaiman, Dave McKean, Phil Winslade and many more, in a series of much-loved volumes.
It then made the move to Marvel’s Epic Comics, where it absorbed more American creators such as Kyle Baker and Evan Dorkin.
It then had a brief revival with Keith Giffen and Ross Richie in a sort of proto-Boom! Studios fashion, with new volumes and an attempt to republish the forgotten stepchild of Warrior, Alan Moore and Steve Parkhouse’s sitcomic The Bojeffries Saga.
And now it’s coming back for another time, without the burden of print. A1 #0 will be somewhere this week, with a full #1 being digitally published in October.
- When Superheroes Get Social Justice Right, They Really Get It Right – The “Books As Flint” Panel At C2E2 - April 23, 2017
- When Teachers, Libraries And Comic Shops Order Bitch Planet Together – The C2E2 Panel - April 23, 2017
- Comics, Censorship, And Turmoil At The Border – The CBLDF Panel Report From C2E2 - April 23, 2017
- Will DC Bombshells Become Mothers? These Questions And More At The DC Uncharted Panel At C2E2 - April 23, 2017
- When Rooster Teeth Endorse Your Fan-Made Games At C2E2… - April 23, 2017