Sometime this week, I don’t know where, I don’t know when, Dave Elliott will relaunch A1. For the fourth (I think) time.
Originally spinning out of Dave’s time at Quality Communications working on Warrior, he and Garry Leach created Atomeka, to publish A1, containing the creator owned work of Alan Moore, Garry Leach, Brian Bolland, Warren Ellis, Steve Pugh, Ted McKeever, Neil Gaiman, Dave McKean, Phil Winslade and many more, in a series of much-loved volumes.
It then made the move to Marvel’s Epic Comics, where it absorbed more American creators such as Kyle Baker and Evan Dorkin.
It then had a brief revival with Keith Giffen and Ross Richie in a sort of proto-Boom! Studios fashion, with new volumes and an attempt to republish the forgotten stepchild of Warrior, Alan Moore and Steve Parkhouse’s sitcomic The Bojeffries Saga.
And now it’s coming back for another time, without the burden of print. A1 #0 will be somewhere this week, with a full #1 being digitally published in October.
- J Michael Straczynski On The Importance – Or Not – Of Superman’s Red Shorts - January 16, 2017
- Clone Conspiracy #4 Goes Back To Amazing Fantasy #15 – But Not Quite In The Way You MightThink - January 16, 2017
- How Jason Fabok’s Watchmen Covers For Batman And Flash In April Came About… - January 16, 2017
- Unfollow And Clean Room: Season One End With #18 – More Frankensteining DC Solicits For April 2016 As $3.99 Is The New $2.99 - January 16, 2017
- Jessica Jones Meets Roger Rabbit – Black Cloud #1, Out This April, From Jason Latour, Ivan Brandon, Greg Finkle, Matt Wilson And Image Comics - January 16, 2017