Sometime this week, I don’t know where, I don’t know when, Dave Elliott will relaunch A1. For the fourth (I think) time.
Originally spinning out of Dave’s time at Quality Communications working on Warrior, he and Garry Leach created Atomeka, to publish A1, containing the creator owned work of Alan Moore, Garry Leach, Brian Bolland, Warren Ellis, Steve Pugh, Ted McKeever, Neil Gaiman, Dave McKean, Phil Winslade and many more, in a series of much-loved volumes.
It then made the move to Marvel’s Epic Comics, where it absorbed more American creators such as Kyle Baker and Evan Dorkin.
It then had a brief revival with Keith Giffen and Ross Richie in a sort of proto-Boom! Studios fashion, with new volumes and an attempt to republish the forgotten stepchild of Warrior, Alan Moore and Steve Parkhouse’s sitcomic The Bojeffries Saga.
And now it’s coming back for another time, without the burden of print. A1 #0 will be somewhere this week, with a full #1 being digitally published in October.
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018