Here’s one of the most interesting announcements so far in the early going of SDCC 2012 — J. Michael Straczynski is launching Studio JMS, a new studio to produce comics, film, tv, and games — and will revive his Joe’s Comics imprint at Image Comics beginning Spring 2013 with comic book titles Falling Angel, Ten Grand, Guardians, and Sidekick.
Studio JMS has signed on to produce a web series for MTV.com entitled The Adventures Of Apocalypse Al, and they are self-financing a second web series,Living Dead The Musical. Straczynski tells me he also has two television series in development: he’s teamed with Will Smith and James Lassiter’s Overbrook Entertainment on Epidemic and with Sam Raimi on Vlad Dracula for Starz. JMS is also partnering with Image Comics to revive his Joe’s Comics imprint, which published the best-selling graphic novels Midnight Nation and Rising Stars. The first four comics that will appear under the label beginning in Spring 2013 will beFalling Angel, Ten Grand, Guardians and Sidekick.
“The center of the storm is what comes out of my keyboard,” he said. “It’s all about creating IP. For twenty years, I’ve had the remarkable good fortune to work successfully as a writer and producer in a wide variety of fields, from television to comics and movies. I’ve always dreamed of creating a mini-studio where I can put all of that work under one roof, telling stories that I want to tell and which can be spun up between various platforms: comics that can become TV shows, TV shows that can become movies, and movies that can become comics.
- What Does Epcot Announcement Mean For Guardians Of The Galaxy 4 And Beyond? - July 15, 2017
- Roswell, The Beginnings Of The UFO Craze And What It Has To Do With DC Comics - July 8, 2017
- Image Comics, Howard Chaykin Issue Apology, Pull Cover For Divided States Of Hysteria #4 - July 1, 2017
- The Secret Origin Of Spider-Man’s “Friendly Neighborhood” - June 26, 2017
- Did Somebody Say Madam Satan? Pep Comics #16 Heats Up At Auction - June 16, 2017