Here’s one of the most interesting announcements so far in the early going of SDCC 2012 — J. Michael Straczynski is launching Studio JMS, a new studio to produce comics, film, tv, and games — and will revive his Joe’s Comics imprint at Image Comics beginning Spring 2013 with comic book titles Falling Angel, Ten Grand, Guardians, and Sidekick.
Studio JMS has signed on to produce a web series for MTV.com entitled The Adventures Of Apocalypse Al, and they are self-financing a second web series,Living Dead The Musical. Straczynski tells me he also has two television series in development: he’s teamed with Will Smith and James Lassiter’s Overbrook Entertainment on Epidemic and with Sam Raimi on Vlad Dracula for Starz. JMS is also partnering with Image Comics to revive his Joe’s Comics imprint, which published the best-selling graphic novels Midnight Nation and Rising Stars. The first four comics that will appear under the label beginning in Spring 2013 will beFalling Angel, Ten Grand, Guardians and Sidekick.
“The center of the storm is what comes out of my keyboard,” he said. “It’s all about creating IP. For twenty years, I’ve had the remarkable good fortune to work successfully as a writer and producer in a wide variety of fields, from television to comics and movies. I’ve always dreamed of creating a mini-studio where I can put all of that work under one roof, telling stories that I want to tell and which can be spun up between various platforms: comics that can become TV shows, TV shows that can become movies, and movies that can become comics.
- Did Somebody Say Madam Satan? Pep Comics #16 Heats Up At Auction - June 16, 2017
- Fantastic Four #52 CGC 9.4 Sets Record: Collectors Just Made A Big Bet On Black Panther - June 15, 2017
- Daredevil Battles Hitler – Jon Berk Collection Auction Session 2 - June 14, 2017
- Jon Berk Collection Session 1 Comic And Art Auction Highlights: Winning The Planet - June 13, 2017
- Jon Berk On The Vintage Comic And Art Collector’s Chase - June 13, 2017