On August 12, 1996, beloved Marvel Executive Editor Mark Gruenwald passed away.
On August 12, 2007, beloved Marvel artist Mike Wieringo passed away.
Every year, we commemorate these two gentlemen on what is now known as “M-Day” (formerly “G-Day”)
This year, we’d like the celebrate the spirit of generosity and cameraderie amongst the comic book community that both of these creators embodied by encouraging their friends and fans to make a donation to the Hero Initiative.
The Hero Initiative is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping out those members of the comic book creative community who have fallen on hard times financially. Assistance from the Hero Initiative has made a difference in the lives and situations of many great practitioners of our art.
This is something that we believe both Mark and Mike would be behind.
The donation page can be found here.
- What Does Epcot Announcement Mean For Guardians Of The Galaxy 4 And Beyond? - July 15, 2017
- Roswell, The Beginnings Of The UFO Craze And What It Has To Do With DC Comics - July 8, 2017
- Image Comics, Howard Chaykin Issue Apology, Pull Cover For Divided States Of Hysteria #4 - July 1, 2017
- The Secret Origin Of Spider-Man’s “Friendly Neighborhood” - June 26, 2017
- Did Somebody Say Madam Satan? Pep Comics #16 Heats Up At Auction - June 16, 2017