On August 12, 1996, beloved Marvel Executive Editor Mark Gruenwald passed away.
On August 12, 2007, beloved Marvel artist Mike Wieringo passed away.
Every year, we commemorate these two gentlemen on what is now known as “M-Day” (formerly “G-Day”)
This year, we’d like the celebrate the spirit of generosity and cameraderie amongst the comic book community that both of these creators embodied by encouraging their friends and fans to make a donation to the Hero Initiative.
The Hero Initiative is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping out those members of the comic book creative community who have fallen on hard times financially. Assistance from the Hero Initiative has made a difference in the lives and situations of many great practitioners of our art.
This is something that we believe both Mark and Mike would be behind.
The donation page can be found here.
- CGC Insider #12 – Ink Transfer and Color Rub - January 4, 2018
- 2017 Collectibles Countdown #2: Funko Hunting - December 31, 2017
- 2017 Toys Countdown #3: The Toys That Made Us Is Already My Favorite Netflix Series - December 31, 2017
- 2017 Collectibles Countdown #5: Kingdom Hearts Funko Box - December 31, 2017
- 2017 Games Countdown #3: Killing Jason in the Friday The 13th Game - December 30, 2017