The last time I saw Spider-Man on Fox News, it was Glenn Beck slating the Miles Morales character’s existence, as a plot by Michelle Obama.
Clearly things have moved on.
Marvel has told Fox News that Spider-Man will be getting a sidekick, powered up student-on-a-field-trip, Alpha.
In this story, we find that Peter Parker’s days as photographer for the Daily Bugle are behind him and he’s now a scientist at a research firm. Andy is part of a student field trip that visits Parker’s lab. He’s in the wrong place (or perhaps the right place) at the wrong time when Parker’s invention malfunctions and zaps him with great power. Parker – haunted by the way he got his own super abilities and how his failure to use them led to the murder of his beloved Uncle Ben so many years ago – feels an even greater responsibility to help young Andy. He feels he must help him discover his powers and teach him how to use them responsibly.
So, the team of Spider-Man and Alpha is born. Spidey has his own “Robin.”
The character will appear in Amazing Spider=Man #692 in August by Dan Slott and Humberto Ramos.
- Comics Creator Mark Campos Has Died, Aged 52 - January 20, 2018
- African American Superhero Comics ‘YouNeek’ Get UK/European Bookstore Distribution Deal - January 20, 2018
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018