The last time I saw Spider-Man on Fox News, it was Glenn Beck slating the Miles Morales character’s existence, as a plot by Michelle Obama.
Clearly things have moved on.
Marvel has told Fox News that Spider-Man will be getting a sidekick, powered up student-on-a-field-trip, Alpha.
In this story, we find that Peter Parker’s days as photographer for the Daily Bugle are behind him and he’s now a scientist at a research firm. Andy is part of a student field trip that visits Parker’s lab. He’s in the wrong place (or perhaps the right place) at the wrong time when Parker’s invention malfunctions and zaps him with great power. Parker – haunted by the way he got his own super abilities and how his failure to use them led to the murder of his beloved Uncle Ben so many years ago – feels an even greater responsibility to help young Andy. He feels he must help him discover his powers and teach him how to use them responsibly.
So, the team of Spider-Man and Alpha is born. Spidey has his own “Robin.”
The character will appear in Amazing Spider=Man #692 in August by Dan Slott and Humberto Ramos.
- Could Sony Sell Spider-Man To CBS? - January 16, 2017
- Is Archie Comics Dropping Sonic The Hedgehog? - January 16, 2017
- Even More Walking Dead #163 For Your 25 Cents - January 16, 2017
- This Martin Luther King Comic May Have Been The Most Influential Comic Book Of All Time - January 16, 2017
- Dan Panosian On The Shadowy World Of The Inker - January 16, 2017