The last time I saw Spider-Man on Fox News, it was Glenn Beck slating the Miles Morales character’s existence, as a plot by Michelle Obama.
Clearly things have moved on.
Marvel has told Fox News that Spider-Man will be getting a sidekick, powered up student-on-a-field-trip, Alpha.
In this story, we find that Peter Parker’s days as photographer for the Daily Bugle are behind him and he’s now a scientist at a research firm. Andy is part of a student field trip that visits Parker’s lab. He’s in the wrong place (or perhaps the right place) at the wrong time when Parker’s invention malfunctions and zaps him with great power. Parker – haunted by the way he got his own super abilities and how his failure to use them led to the murder of his beloved Uncle Ben so many years ago – feels an even greater responsibility to help young Andy. He feels he must help him discover his powers and teach him how to use them responsibly.
So, the team of Spider-Man and Alpha is born. Spidey has his own “Robin.”
The character will appear in Amazing Spider=Man #692 in August by Dan Slott and Humberto Ramos.
- No, Calgary, Wonder Woman Isn’t Published By Marvel Comics… - April 29, 2017
- George Pérez Not At East Coast Comic Con Today, Amid Health Concerns - April 29, 2017
- 46 Sketches And Commissions Bought At C2E2, From Sharp To Stelfreeze, From Roux To Rossmo - April 29, 2017
- “A Poor Man’s Dave McKean” – A Two Year Long Journey To Finding A Niche - April 29, 2017
- Free Comic Book Day Event Cancelled In Florida Because It Wouldn’t Mix Well With The Art Crowd… - April 29, 2017