We know Scott Lobdell is writing Superman #0, we know Scott Kolins is drawing Legion Of Superheroes #0, he’ve heard vague rumours that Dave Finch may be drawing covers for a new Katana series, we’ve speculated that maybe, just maybe, JLI will be replaced by a Justice League Of America #0..
But now I’ve been told that DC Comics plans to publish a new Phantom Stranger series. Tying into the character as seen in the Pandora stories in Justice League and New 52 Free Comic Book Day, and clearly intended to be Judas Iscariot transformed. The new series will be written by Dan Didio, and drawn by Astro City‘s Brent Anderson and Scott Hanna.
So… will this also be a #0 in September, or will it take a few more months?
As ever, this is rumour, and until a project is announced details can change. Even after a comic is announced sometimes… or indeed, even after its been published!
I’ve always had a soft spot for Judas Iscariot. Reading scripture, it seems clear that of all the disciples, he was one who believed that Jesus was the Messiah, he just wanted to force Jesus’ hand by getting him arrested and thereby taking down the Roman Empire in almighty divine retribution. And when things didn’t go that way he killed himself. And not worthy of the hatred poured upon him by subsequent generations – he was mistaken, not evil.
I do hope DiDio goes down that path a little more in his journey to redemption.
- Doctor Who Comics In April, From Titan Comics, Leads With A Ghost Spinoff From The Christmas Special - January 20, 2017
- Comic Folk React To… The Inauguration Of President Trump - January 20, 2017
- Need A Break from The Inauguration? Catch Up With Con Man Season 2 - January 20, 2017
- Did You Notice It’s Inauguration Day? This Week’s Comic Books Did… - January 20, 2017
- Black Panther & The Crew To Become Marvel’s Third Black Panther Monthly Comic - January 20, 2017