We know Scott Lobdell is writing Superman #0, we know Scott Kolins is drawing Legion Of Superheroes #0, he’ve heard vague rumours that Dave Finch may be drawing covers for a new Katana series, we’ve speculated that maybe, just maybe, JLI will be replaced by a Justice League Of America #0..
But now I’ve been told that DC Comics plans to publish a new Phantom Stranger series. Tying into the character as seen in the Pandora stories in Justice League and New 52 Free Comic Book Day, and clearly intended to be Judas Iscariot transformed. The new series will be written by Dan Didio, and drawn by Astro City‘s Brent Anderson and Scott Hanna.
So… will this also be a #0 in September, or will it take a few more months?
As ever, this is rumour, and until a project is announced details can change. Even after a comic is announced sometimes… or indeed, even after its been published!
I’ve always had a soft spot for Judas Iscariot. Reading scripture, it seems clear that of all the disciples, he was one who believed that Jesus was the Messiah, he just wanted to force Jesus’ hand by getting him arrested and thereby taking down the Roman Empire in almighty divine retribution. And when things didn’t go that way he killed himself. And not worthy of the hatred poured upon him by subsequent generations – he was mistaken, not evil.
I do hope DiDio goes down that path a little more in his journey to redemption.
- X-Men Blue And Gold Enjoy Time And Relative Dimensions In Space For Marvel Legacy - July 25, 2017
- Being Spider-Man And Holding A Pig At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017
- Alex Ross’s Design For The Post-Secret Empire Marvel Legacy Falcon - July 25, 2017
- The Inhuman Royals Return To Earth In 2018 For Marvel Legacy - July 25, 2017
- Riverdale Goes Darker For Season 2 – A Report From San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017