We know Scott Lobdell is writing Superman #0, we know Scott Kolins is drawing Legion Of Superheroes #0, he’ve heard vague rumours that Dave Finch may be drawing covers for a new Katana series, we’ve speculated that maybe, just maybe, JLI will be replaced by a Justice League Of America #0..
But now I’ve been told that DC Comics plans to publish a new Phantom Stranger series. Tying into the character as seen in the Pandora stories in Justice League and New 52 Free Comic Book Day, and clearly intended to be Judas Iscariot transformed. The new series will be written by Dan Didio, and drawn by Astro City‘s Brent Anderson and Scott Hanna.
So… will this also be a #0 in September, or will it take a few more months?
As ever, this is rumour, and until a project is announced details can change. Even after a comic is announced sometimes… or indeed, even after its been published!
I’ve always had a soft spot for Judas Iscariot. Reading scripture, it seems clear that of all the disciples, he was one who believed that Jesus was the Messiah, he just wanted to force Jesus’ hand by getting him arrested and thereby taking down the Roman Empire in almighty divine retribution. And when things didn’t go that way he killed himself. And not worthy of the hatred poured upon him by subsequent generations – he was mistaken, not evil.
I do hope DiDio goes down that path a little more in his journey to redemption.
- A Host Of New Comics Announced At C2E2 From Lion Forge - April 25, 2017
- An Unannounced Issue Of Surgeon X To Be Digitally Published Tomorrow, By Sara Kenney And Warren Pleece - April 25, 2017
- Marvel’s Agents Of Hydra Shout Sheets For Fitz And Simmons…. It’s Not Looking Good - April 25, 2017
- How Faith And Ninjak Went To Homecoming Together – Courtesy Of David Lafuente - April 25, 2017
- Titans – The DC Live-Action TV Series Alongside Season 3 Of Young Justice, On DC’s Own Streaming TV Service For 2018 - April 25, 2017