Here’s the cover to the Retailer customizable cover for Astonishing X-Men #51, which would allow a store to add their own wedding photo alongside the other Marvel wedding photos.
But there seems to be a missing wedding. That of Mary Jane and Peter Parker. Oh sure, it has been erased from people’s memories by the devil of the Marvel Universe, Mephisto, but is that a reason to miss out the photo?
After all, how are the states of the other Marvel marriages?
Storm and Black Panther: Ceurrently both victims of domestic violence as part of Avengers Vs X-Men
Xavier and Lilandra. Marriage annulled by the Shi’Ar Council.
Ant Man and Wasp. Married, when Ant Man thought he was someone else. Domestic physical violence, Hank now branded a wife beater. Divorced, Wasp now dead.
Mantis and Swordsman. Swordsman died, Mantis married his possessed corpse until it crumbled.
Wanda and Vision. Wanda killed Vision. Now the rebuilt Vision has rejected Wanda and exiled her from their home.
Quicksilver and Crystal. Split up after Crystal cheated on Quicksilver with a real estate agent. Their marriage has now been anulled.
Power Man and Jessica Jones. Still together, but divided over dangers to their daughter.
Namor and Marrina. She has turned into a sea monster, Namor has killed her twice, Namor now getting it on with Emma Frost, the River Queen of Tabula Rasa and Hepzibah.
Cyclops and Jean Grey. Cyclops cheated on Grey telepathically with Emma Frost, Grey was killed, Cyclops jumped straight into bed with Emma.
Mr Fantastic and Invisible Woman. Struggled with thir marriage during Civil War, where they split up. Back together now, at least in name.
Either way, that’s not a good record. Surely, in comparison, a marriage that gets erased to save an elderly relative must count, even if it no longer in continuity?
So, will anyone court the pro-Spider-marriage crowd by making their Retailer Variant look like this?
- More Comics Folk Attend Anti-Trump Women’s Marches Around The World #WomensMarch - January 21, 2017
- James Hudnall Pleads For His Friends To Give Trump A Chance - January 21, 2017
- Comics Folk React To (Or Are Part Of) The Women’s Marches Against Donald Trump - January 21, 2017
- Peter Capaldi Joins The Anti-Trump Women’s March In London – Potential Spoiler For The 13th Doctor? - January 21, 2017
- Firefly Fans Represent In Anti-Trump Women’s March In Chicago… - January 21, 2017