It was the clear winner of Free Comic Book Day. Depsite thousands and thousands of copies being given away for free, it sells on eBay for up to $13. The Mouse Guard hardcover was a hit, with six short original stories promoting Archaia’s books. Every other publisher should have been so jealous looking at it.
And it seems to have worked. Archaia’s orders for their big expensive fat harcover books are up across the board. So the company has made a committment.
That every year, material willing, they will publish a hardcover volume for Free Comic Book Day.
I wonder… I just wonder… will anyone else join them?
Also, any excuse to run this;
- Comic Creators At Ru Paul’s Drag Con, In Los Angeles This Weekend - April 29, 2017
- Separated At Birth – Moonstruck And Brave Chef Brianna? - April 29, 2017
- No, Calgary, Wonder Woman Isn’t Published By Marvel Comics… - April 29, 2017
- George Pérez Not At East Coast Comic Con Today, Amid Health Concerns - April 29, 2017
- 46 Sketches And Commissions Bought At C2E2, From Sharp To Stelfreeze, From Roux To Rossmo - April 29, 2017