It was the clear winner of Free Comic Book Day. Depsite thousands and thousands of copies being given away for free, it sells on eBay for up to $13. The Mouse Guard hardcover was a hit, with six short original stories promoting Archaia’s books. Every other publisher should have been so jealous looking at it.
And it seems to have worked. Archaia’s orders for their big expensive fat harcover books are up across the board. So the company has made a committment.
That every year, material willing, they will publish a hardcover volume for Free Comic Book Day.
I wonder… I just wonder… will anyone else join them?
Also, any excuse to run this;
- Did Bleeding Cool Move Your Needle? - July 23, 2017
- Geek Food: The Lich King Ice Cream At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- Dan DiDio Reveals The Secret Origins Of The Comic Creators – And The Fans – At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- The First Thirteenth Doctor Cosplay At San Diego Comic-Con…Is By A Man - July 23, 2017
- David Duchovny Says He Had Difficulty Voice Acting For X-Files Audible Series - July 23, 2017