Albert Moy sells Jim Lee’s original art on his behalf. He’s just put up the pages from the New 52 Free Comic Book Day volume. In which you get to see not only Jim Lee and Scott William’s original art for the story – but also the patch job they had to do to change the Hal Jordan Green Lantern to a new unidentified black Green Lantern.
Here is the original art, the patch jobs and the printed pages in question.
The question to ask, I guess, is why the change? Is it actually the Hal Jordan Green Lantern with a different appearance? Was it just an error on Jim Lee’s part somehow? Or did Geoff Johns have a Shazam-style stroke of inspiration as to who Batman would be fighting over that bejeweled skull?
I’m guessing Batman didn’t always say “But you’re no Hal Jordan” in that scene above…
- Diamond Says X-O Manowar #1 Was 10th Bestselling Comic In March, Not 12th As Previously Reported - July 24, 2017
- Marvel Comics To Publish Sampler Volume For Star Wars Reads Day In October - July 24, 2017
- Zack Kaplan And Andrea Mutti’s New Comic ‘Port Of Earth’ Coming From Image Comics In November - July 24, 2017
- DC Comics To Run TV Ads For ‘Dark Knight III: The Master Race’ Collection For The Holidays - July 24, 2017
- Details On How Harley Quinn Will Take Over Batman Day In September - July 24, 2017