Albert Moy sells Jim Lee’s original art on his behalf. He’s just put up the pages from the New 52 Free Comic Book Day volume. In which you get to see not only Jim Lee and Scott William’s original art for the story – but also the patch job they had to do to change the Hal Jordan Green Lantern to a new unidentified black Green Lantern.
Here is the original art, the patch jobs and the printed pages in question.
The question to ask, I guess, is why the change? Is it actually the Hal Jordan Green Lantern with a different appearance? Was it just an error on Jim Lee’s part somehow? Or did Geoff Johns have a Shazam-style stroke of inspiration as to who Batman would be fighting over that bejeweled skull?
I’m guessing Batman didn’t always say “But you’re no Hal Jordan” in that scene above…
- The Siegel and Shuster Lost Superman Story that Marv Wolfman Rescued as a Boy - January 23, 2018
- Thanos #15, Avengers #677 and #678 Go to Second Print Before Even Going on Sale - January 23, 2018
- Venom to Get an “Epic” in the Fall of 2018… Another One? - January 23, 2018
- Image Comics Solicits for April 2018: Launching New Series Analog, Isola, Crude, The Dead Hand, and Skyward - January 23, 2018
- Ralph Macchio Returns to the Avengers for the Infinity Shards! - January 23, 2018