Albert Moy sells Jim Lee’s original art on his behalf. He’s just put up the pages from the New 52 Free Comic Book Day volume. In which you get to see not only Jim Lee and Scott William’s original art for the story – but also the patch job they had to do to change the Hal Jordan Green Lantern to a new unidentified black Green Lantern.
Here is the original art, the patch jobs and the printed pages in question.
The question to ask, I guess, is why the change? Is it actually the Hal Jordan Green Lantern with a different appearance? Was it just an error on Jim Lee’s part somehow? Or did Geoff Johns have a Shazam-style stroke of inspiration as to who Batman would be fighting over that bejeweled skull?
I’m guessing Batman didn’t always say “But you’re no Hal Jordan” in that scene above…
- Comics Folk React To (Or Are Part Of) The Women’s Marches Against Donald Trump - January 21, 2017
- Peter Capaldi Joins The Anti-Trump Women’s March In London – Potential Spoiler For The 13th Doctor? - January 21, 2017
- Firefly Fans Represent In Anti-Trump Women’s March In Chicago… - January 21, 2017
- Is Nick Spencer Suited To Write Captain America If He Opposes Punching Nazis? We Asked Captain America In 1982 - January 21, 2017
- Wizard World No Longer Taking Credit Cards For Tables And Booths – Cheques And Cash Only - January 21, 2017