It’s basically a foregone conclusion now. Graphic.Ly has left the building as far as monthly comic downloads go. Longbox is in the long grass. And Comics+ is… well, in existence, which is a valiant effort.
But now Marvel have announced an exclusive deal with digital comic market leader ComiXology for, and get the exclusions, “single issue English-language digital comics worldwide”.
Unlike Valiant’s announcement last week, this doesn’t cover collections and those still seem available on Comics+, as well as Amazon Kindle bookstore and the like. It kinda makes official what was happening anyway. And because the Marvel App is run by ComiXology, that’s also covered.
But it does seem weird to see those kind of headlines again. That nineties revival just can’t be stopped.
One new thing… Marvel comics will now be sold through the ComiXology digital storefronts of participating retailers
- Comic Book Legal Defense Fund To Train Comic Book Retailers In Their Legal Rights - July 21, 2017
- “The Darkest Jeff Lemire Since Animal Man”: Valiant Retailer Presentation At San Diego Comic-Con - July 21, 2017
- Photos: Dark Horse’s San Diego Comic-Con Retailer Presentation - July 21, 2017
- Robotech #1 May Ship Early, And More From Titan Comics’ SDCC Presentation - July 21, 2017
- Umbrella Academy: Hotel Oblivion Finally Coming From Gerard Way And Gabriel Bá In 2018 - July 21, 2017