It’s basically a foregone conclusion now. Graphic.Ly has left the building as far as monthly comic downloads go. Longbox is in the long grass. And Comics+ is… well, in existence, which is a valiant effort.
But now Marvel have announced an exclusive deal with digital comic market leader ComiXology for, and get the exclusions, “single issue English-language digital comics worldwide”.
Unlike Valiant’s announcement last week, this doesn’t cover collections and those still seem available on Comics+, as well as Amazon Kindle bookstore and the like. It kinda makes official what was happening anyway. And because the Marvel App is run by ComiXology, that’s also covered.
But it does seem weird to see those kind of headlines again. That nineties revival just can’t be stopped.
One new thing… Marvel comics will now be sold through the ComiXology digital storefronts of participating retailers
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today – A Comic Shop: Curse Words Unleashed! - January 17, 2017
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 17, 2017
- As Marvel Drop “Buy Physical, Get Digital” Codes, DC Pick Them Up, As Monthly Superhero Comics Go $3.99 - January 17, 2017
- Marvel’s *Classified* Prelude Gets A Name – And It’s Secret Empire - January 17, 2017
- DC Comics Change Credits On Tomorrow’s Green Lanterns, Justice League, Raven And More - January 17, 2017