It’s basically a foregone conclusion now. Graphic.Ly has left the building as far as monthly comic downloads go. Longbox is in the long grass. And Comics+ is… well, in existence, which is a valiant effort.
But now Marvel have announced an exclusive deal with digital comic market leader ComiXology for, and get the exclusions, “single issue English-language digital comics worldwide”.
Unlike Valiant’s announcement last week, this doesn’t cover collections and those still seem available on Comics+, as well as Amazon Kindle bookstore and the like. It kinda makes official what was happening anyway. And because the Marvel App is run by ComiXology, that’s also covered.
But it does seem weird to see those kind of headlines again. That nineties revival just can’t be stopped.
One new thing… Marvel comics will now be sold through the ComiXology digital storefronts of participating retailers
- Let’s All Watch Frank Miller And Klaus Janson Talk Will Eisner For Over An Hour - April 30, 2017
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Writers, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Artists, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Who’s Behind The Vault Door In Doctor Who Series Ten? (VIDEO) - April 30, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters 30th April 2017 – I Like Big Bids And I Cannot Lie - April 30, 2017