It’s basically a foregone conclusion now. Graphic.Ly has left the building as far as monthly comic downloads go. Longbox is in the long grass. And Comics+ is… well, in existence, which is a valiant effort.
But now Marvel have announced an exclusive deal with digital comic market leader ComiXology for, and get the exclusions, “single issue English-language digital comics worldwide”.
Unlike Valiant’s announcement last week, this doesn’t cover collections and those still seem available on Comics+, as well as Amazon Kindle bookstore and the like. It kinda makes official what was happening anyway. And because the Marvel App is run by ComiXology, that’s also covered.
But it does seem weird to see those kind of headlines again. That nineties revival just can’t be stopped.
One new thing… Marvel comics will now be sold through the ComiXology digital storefronts of participating retailers
- DC Comics April 2018 Catalog – Solicits From Action Comics #1000 to Splitting Batman In Two… - January 22, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Trinity With #22 in April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Will Marvel’s New Young Guns Move the Needle? - January 22, 2018
- 20 Previews of Free Comic Book Day 2018 Titles, from Barrier to Relay to 2000AD Reneged - January 22, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits for April 2018 - January 22, 2018