It’s been a busy few days on the DC Comics front… Chris Roberson acts, DC reacts, and everyone — including Jim Lee and Dan Didio — talks about it. Then there’s New 52 wave 2 and Before Watchmen sneaks. And the week is just getting started.
Most-Read Comic Stories Today:
BuzzFeed, in its tour of DC offices the other day, had a sneak peek about The New Six, the new books joining the New 52. Let’s have a quick look and further examination… with thanks to Dan Hart for assistance.
The other day, I linked to the then-upcoming LA Times panel with Dan DiDio and Jim Lee, hosted by Geoff Boucher and jokingly asked if he’d mention Chris Roberson.
BuzzFeed, after their trip around the DC Offices, were allowed to take some shots of the Before Watchmen comic books, including these Rorschach pages by Lee Bermejo with their seventies Manhattan exotica, the Silk Spectre page by Amanda Conner that follows it with the falling snow globe and nine panel grid right out of Watchmen, Jae Lee’s Ozymandias in front of his screens and John Higgins’ Crimson Corsair, with its own parallel story to tell. And a bunch of Darwyn Cooke Minutemen designs, and the Rorschach and Silk Spectre statue designs – the latter of which DC sent us a Cease And Desist notice over back in January. How things change…
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Today:
Possible spoilers ahoy! If you want to go into Doctor Who Series Seven completely blind, then navigate away from Bleeding Cool and instead look at this animated gif of a raccoon eating popcorn.
You know how the third act of a superhero movie can often degrade into that uninvolving CGI bash’n’crash that I like to call The Action Figure Smackdown?
There’s to be a “sexy scientist” in Iron Man 3, and we’re not talking about Guy Pearce as Aldrich Killian.
- SDCC Vintage Comics: Metropolis Collectibles’ Vincent Zurzolo And An Archie Fan’s Dream Comic - July 26, 2017
- What Does Epcot Announcement Mean For Guardians Of The Galaxy 4 And Beyond? - July 15, 2017
- Roswell, The Beginnings Of The UFO Craze And What It Has To Do With DC Comics - July 8, 2017
- Image Comics, Howard Chaykin Issue Apology, Pull Cover For Divided States Of Hysteria #4 - July 1, 2017
- The Secret Origin Of Spider-Man’s “Friendly Neighborhood” - June 26, 2017