Well, the New York Post list him as one of the one percent in New York City with a gun license.
Which might be handy, if he ever bumps into Rich Ross in a dark alleyway. Recently fired as Disney Studio Chairman, with Kevin Feige rumoured to replace him, Deadline fingers Isaac Perlmutter as one of those with the knives in their hand. Or semi-automatics, in Perlmutter’s case. They also report;
The comic book, TV, and film entertainment company’s Israeli owner Ike Perlmutter is not just a notoriously tough customer but a budget-obsessed megalomaniac besides a recluse. He has taken control of Disney’s consumer products division already (firing here, fixing there), and my sources tell me he is making Iger’s life miserable with back-seat managing of everything, especially Walt Disney Studios. (“Iger has real problems with Ike. That’s the real story,” one of my insiders tells me. ”Bob thought he could handle him. But Ike is uncharmable.”)
New York-based industry veteran Heidi MacDonald backs this up, saying;
Although Marvel’s publishing business is still being more or less left alone to do its comics thing, it is increasingly in the middle of Disney’s New York real estate problem. Disney Publishing’s lease on its New York office is up and a new home is being sought. Much of the staff was relocated to White Plains several years ago, but the editorial offices are still in New York. Ike has reportedly volunteered to have them move into Marvel’s midtown offices—offices which are already “snug”, shall we say. The plan hasn’t been approved—Disney has an entire department given over just to moving people around and they operate with military efficiency. They might even require more than one bathroom for their floor plan.
This also remains the only available photo of Ike, courtesy of Forbes. I don’t suppose anyone else has another? No Montgomery Burns pics please, I’m serious.
- Reading Nick Spencer’s Captain America While Reading His Tweets - January 24, 2017
- André Lima Araújo Is Drawing The Wicked + The Divine 455 - January 24, 2017
- Dynamite Launches The Sovereigns #0 With Turok, Magnus, Solar, Doctor Spektor For $1, With Ray Fawkes, Chuck Wendig, Aubrey Sitterson and Johnny Desjardins - January 24, 2017
- Full Marvel Comics Solicitations For April 2017 – Beginnings… And Endings - January 24, 2017
- Phoenix Comicon To Pay All Staff, And Give Free Passes For Those Who Miss Out - January 24, 2017