We’ve taken Steven Wacker‘s criticism to heart.
Bleeding Cool had previously presented a series of Avengers Vs X-Men in a fashion that might suggest the principal male protagonists/antagonists were engaged in a courtship ritual in some cases, in actual on-cover sex in others. Initially it was an attempt to deliver a little colour into the proceedings rather than roll out the covers like every other websites, and possibly highlight were he unavoidable and fan-popular interpretations when you have skintight overmuscled men engaged in hot sweaty close contact. We’re talking the fireside scene in Women In Love, basically.
But Steve Wacker schooled us considerably over such schoolboy sniggering. So, just as The Daily Show has vowed to finally stop talking about the other Google Search result for Rick Santorum, we’re no longer going to refer to any further yaoi interpretations of Marvel’s Avengers Vs X-Men covers.
Here is the retro-styled Stuart Immonen variant cover to AVX: Vs #1. With Magneto, Iron Man, Thing and Namor, presenting their fists to each other.
Marvel is proud to present your first look at superstar artist, Stuart Immonen’s jaw-dropping variant cover for AVX VS #1, the premiere battle book tie-in to the summer blockbuster event of the year – Avengers VS. X-Men! Catch the cover to cover battles – featuring pulse-pounding brawls as Iron Man faces off against Magneto & Thing takes on Namor! Don’t miss out on all the action in AVX VS #1, available in comic shops worldwide and on the Marvel Comics app this April!
- X-Men Changes Its Alien Name From Kleevus To Kologoth - August 17, 2017
- Adding Up Darkhawk’s Numbers For Marvel Legacy - August 17, 2017
- Valiant Debuts Ninja-K #1 Artwork And Metal Covers - August 17, 2017
- Image Comics Launches Rose City Comic Con Merchandise Ahead Of Their Homecoming Dance - August 17, 2017
- ‘Justice Insurgence’ Metal Crossovers From DC Comics To Be Renamed ‘Bats Out Of Hell’ - August 17, 2017