Point your screen at the Iron Man comic. And on the screen, Iron Man will burst out in 3D. Announced at SXSW, its one of those augmented reality things that I best remember for putting an Iron Man mask on your face, for the Iron Man movie.
You’ll also be able to use it to strip back the comic, looking at the comics’ inks and pencils on screen.
Here’s a video of the AvX trailer you’ll get when you try it out with Avengers Vs X-Men #1.
Nova by Mark Waid and Stuart Immonen has been announced as a new Marvel digital title, Infinite Comics, which may tie in with Waid’s discussion of creating new kinds of digital comics. “The first marvel comics built strictly for digital. They’ll use parameters of your iPhone or iPad. It’s a new canvas for storytelling.”
Look for slightly animated panels and the like… Nope, apparently that’s the augmented stuff. The audience/presentation/Bleeding Cool seems to have conflated the two… one of the participants, John Rogers tweets “I’m helping @MarkWaid develop the tech for this – this is going to be big”.
But Marvel has confirmed Bleeding Cool’s story about more digital-to-print coupons on the way…
[iframe src=”http://a.yfrog.com/img52/3782/myh.mp4″ ]
- Bumping The Numbers On The 25-Cent Saga #43 By Bryan K Vaughan And Fiona Staples - April 27, 2017
- Exclusive: A Few DC Covers For May, From Gary Frank To Frank Cho To Jim Lee To Emanuela Lupacchino To Jenny Frison - April 27, 2017
- Final Part Of Watchmen Crossover “The Button” In Flash #23, Is Running Late… - April 27, 2017
- Image Comics To Publish New Black And White Spawn Cover Variants As Well! - April 27, 2017
- Tom Holland, The New Spider-Man, Films Video For Free Comic Book Day To Promote Marvel’s Secret Empire - April 27, 2017