We know that Avengers Vs X-Men is meant to have some major changes for the Marvel Universe. Honest, this time. Well, this looks like the first of them.
After Avengers Vs X-Men, we know Brian Bendis is bringing to a close his writing and showrunning of the Avengers comics for Marvel. But what next for their golden child?
I’ve been told by a number of industry sources only one thing. That he’ll be taking over the X-Men books.
Brian Bendis came to the Avengers books with the Avengers Dissassembled storyline that saw the Scarlet Witch take the team apart – and then the world itself in House Of M. Relaunching as The New Avengers, the book would then split in two, in three, before spearheading the Secret Invasion storyline. And with The Ultron War now coming, with Bryan Hitch and Avengers Vs X-Men, it’s time for Brian Bendis himself to switch sides.
Marvel are expected to perform some form of Marvel relaunch, possibly as a wave rather than a DC All-In-One – and one could also argue that Marvel have been doing that for the past couple of years anyway. But Brian Bendis will be the writer of the X-Men titles, in the same way that he writes Avengers and New Avengers now.
I wonder if he’ll be bringing Scarlet Witch with him?
Photo by Seth Kushner, from Leaping Tall Buildings: The Origins Of American Comics.
- Chris Evans To Read A Superhero Bedtime Story On British TV Next Month - April 24, 2017
- People Are Adding “Nick Spencer Disclaimers” To Their Captain America T-Shirts - April 23, 2017
- Dark Matter Widens The Divide At DC Comics Between Dan DiDio And Geoff Johns - April 23, 2017
- Killing The 5 Year Timeline – Superman, Flash And Blue Beetle Spoilers For The Week Ahead, Rumbling Around C2E2 (UPDATE) - April 23, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 23rd April 2017 – Batman And Superman Beat Secret Empire, But Redneck And Monstress Rocket Up The Chart - April 23, 2017