We know that Avengers Vs X-Men is meant to have some major changes for the Marvel Universe. Honest, this time. Well, this looks like the first of them.
After Avengers Vs X-Men, we know Brian Bendis is bringing to a close his writing and showrunning of the Avengers comics for Marvel. But what next for their golden child?
I’ve been told by a number of industry sources only one thing. That he’ll be taking over the X-Men books.
Brian Bendis came to the Avengers books with the Avengers Dissassembled storyline that saw the Scarlet Witch take the team apart – and then the world itself in House Of M. Relaunching as The New Avengers, the book would then split in two, in three, before spearheading the Secret Invasion storyline. And with The Ultron War now coming, with Bryan Hitch and Avengers Vs X-Men, it’s time for Brian Bendis himself to switch sides.
Marvel are expected to perform some form of Marvel relaunch, possibly as a wave rather than a DC All-In-One – and one could also argue that Marvel have been doing that for the past couple of years anyway. But Brian Bendis will be the writer of the X-Men titles, in the same way that he writes Avengers and New Avengers now.
I wonder if he’ll be bringing Scarlet Witch with him?
Photo by Seth Kushner, from Leaping Tall Buildings: The Origins Of American Comics.
- 30 DC Comics Covers For December From Frank Cho, Jenny Frison, JG Jones, Jim Lee And More - November 22, 2017
- Frank Miller’s Cover For Kamandi Challenge #12 - November 22, 2017
- Changes To Batman #38: Tom King And Travis Moore To Tell The Origin Of Bruce Wayne - November 22, 2017
- New Darkness, Cyber Force, Aphrodite V To Join New Witchblade In 2018 - November 22, 2017
- Black Friday Comic Store Deals For 2017: Part One - November 22, 2017