It looks like Justice League is about to lose its streak of number one sales. Not only is Jim Lee away from the book for a few issues, but Avengers Vs X-Men #1 is coming through, and I hear from reliable industry sources that it orders are expected to top 200,000 this weekend. I can’t see any way that it won’t be a number one best selling issue, can you?
Marvel has created a number of promotions for retailers including advance party promotions, incentives for shops to order large amounts, and a lot of advertising and awareness raising. And it seems to have worked.
But the other question to ask is…. will the 200,000 be enough? I understand that Disney-owned ABC News will be running a feature on the upcoming crossover series, and that another TV network will be running a behind-the-scenes documentary on the making of the comic.
“We’re making a concentrated effort like never before to get whatever we can out there,” Marvel marketing guru David Gabriel said. This is probably something to do with that.
- After Arkham Asylum 2, Dark Knight 3 And Doomsday Clock… What Sequel Could Be Next? - July 25, 2017
- Remember That Time The Savage Dragon Had Some Questions To Ask God? - July 25, 2017
- From Perfect To Real: Moving Beyond The Strong Female Character At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017
- A ‘Vikings’ Funeral At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017
- A Comic Show Post-San Diego… “Some Jackass Who’s Always On Bleeding Cool” – Robert Kirkman - July 25, 2017