It looks like Justice League is about to lose its streak of number one sales. Not only is Jim Lee away from the book for a few issues, but Avengers Vs X-Men #1 is coming through, and I hear from reliable industry sources that it orders are expected to top 200,000 this weekend. I can’t see any way that it won’t be a number one best selling issue, can you?
Marvel has created a number of promotions for retailers including advance party promotions, incentives for shops to order large amounts, and a lot of advertising and awareness raising. And it seems to have worked.
But the other question to ask is…. will the 200,000 be enough? I understand that Disney-owned ABC News will be running a feature on the upcoming crossover series, and that another TV network will be running a behind-the-scenes documentary on the making of the comic.
“We’re making a concentrated effort like never before to get whatever we can out there,” Marvel marketing guru David Gabriel said. This is probably something to do with that.
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018
- Hannah Blumenreich’s Official Free Comic Book Day 2018 Poster - January 21, 2018
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018