It looks like Justice League is about to lose its streak of number one sales. Not only is Jim Lee away from the book for a few issues, but Avengers Vs X-Men #1 is coming through, and I hear from reliable industry sources that it orders are expected to top 200,000 this weekend. I can’t see any way that it won’t be a number one best selling issue, can you?
Marvel has created a number of promotions for retailers including advance party promotions, incentives for shops to order large amounts, and a lot of advertising and awareness raising. And it seems to have worked.
But the other question to ask is…. will the 200,000 be enough? I understand that Disney-owned ABC News will be running a feature on the upcoming crossover series, and that another TV network will be running a behind-the-scenes documentary on the making of the comic.
“We’re making a concentrated effort like never before to get whatever we can out there,” Marvel marketing guru David Gabriel said. This is probably something to do with that.
- Rewriting The Life Of Ted Kord, Blue Beetle, Today (SPOILERS) - April 26, 2017
- “He Pushed Us Forward” – Marvel Comics’ Tribute To Bernie Wrightson - April 26, 2017
- Well That Was Quick. X-Men Gold #2 Brings Back The Politics… (SPOILERS) - April 26, 2017
- Rewriting The DC Universe Today In Flash #21 – Bringing It All Back Again (SPOILERS) - April 26, 2017
- Today, Cassandra Cain Finally Chooses Her New Name (SPOILERS) - April 26, 2017