345 comics found, neatly stacked in a closet, discovered by the late owner’s great nephew, in Virginia.
And they include Action Comics #1. Decective Comics #27. Captain America #2. All American Comics #16. Batman #1. Marvel Comics #1. Indeed, 45 of what are considered the most collectible comics of all time were in that closet. The conditions vary, from a CGC 3.0 Action Comics, to the CGC 8.5 Batman.
Mentioning the comics to a co-worker months later, specifically the cover of Captain America, saw the family rush to a Price Guide, and their heads started reeling.
So up for auction today from Heritage, the “Billy Wright” collection, named after its original owner, is expected to sell for over two million dollars.
- The First Thirteenth Doctor Cosplay At San Diego Comic-Con…Is By A Man - July 23, 2017
- David Duchovny Says He Had Difficulty Voice Acting For X-Files Audible Series - July 23, 2017
- First Look At The Doctor Who Christmas Special – And A Look Back At Peter Capaldi’s Time As The doctor - July 23, 2017
- The Doctor Who Christmas Special Will Be Called “Twice Upon A Time” - July 23, 2017
- Doctor Who’s Steven Moffat Says There’s No Backlash Against Jodie Whittaker, Wishes Journalists Would Shut Up - July 23, 2017