345 comics found, neatly stacked in a closet, discovered by the late owner’s great nephew, in Virginia.
And they include Action Comics #1. Decective Comics #27. Captain America #2. All American Comics #16. Batman #1. Marvel Comics #1. Indeed, 45 of what are considered the most collectible comics of all time were in that closet. The conditions vary, from a CGC 3.0 Action Comics, to the CGC 8.5 Batman.
Mentioning the comics to a co-worker months later, specifically the cover of Captain America, saw the family rush to a Price Guide, and their heads started reeling.
So up for auction today from Heritage, the “Billy Wright” collection, named after its original owner, is expected to sell for over two million dollars.
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018
- Hannah Blumenreich’s Official Free Comic Book Day 2018 Poster - January 21, 2018
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018