345 comics found, neatly stacked in a closet, discovered by the late owner’s great nephew, in Virginia.
And they include Action Comics #1. Decective Comics #27. Captain America #2. All American Comics #16. Batman #1. Marvel Comics #1. Indeed, 45 of what are considered the most collectible comics of all time were in that closet. The conditions vary, from a CGC 3.0 Action Comics, to the CGC 8.5 Batman.
Mentioning the comics to a co-worker months later, specifically the cover of Captain America, saw the family rush to a Price Guide, and their heads started reeling.
So up for auction today from Heritage, the “Billy Wright” collection, named after its original owner, is expected to sell for over two million dollars.
- CBLDF Tackles New Hampshire Bill That Would Restrict Reading In Schools - January 16, 2017
- Russia Uses Comics To Target Migrants For Looking At Women, Eating On The Street Or Talking Loudly - January 16, 2017
- The First Exclusive Retailer Variant With An Exclusive Extra Eight Pages Too – X-O Manowar For Collector’s Paradise - January 16, 2017
- Could Sony Sell Spider-Man To CBS? - January 16, 2017
- Is Archie Comics Dropping Sonic The Hedgehog? - January 16, 2017