I haven’t read Uncanny X-Men recently and have been meaning to catch up since Rich has been talking about it, but since I have been intrigued by what we’ve heard about Avengers vs X-Men so far, this quote from Rich today caught my eye: “And we have a new Savage Land, an area of the country isolated and taken forward in evolutionary time to create a whole new world to fight in.”
Awesome. Marvel Studios and Fox, please start collaborating on an Avengers vs X-Men movie, set some of it in the Savage Land, and break the bank on fx. I just don’t see how that’s not the best comic book movie ever.
Most-Read Comic Stories Today:
Thanks to the good folk at 4Chan/co who decided, on a whim, that Rob Liefeld should work on more books at the New 52. And considered what they might look like…
But this week’s Batman #5 is vertigo on a different level.
Okay, I like the new Uncanny X-Men. Entwined in inter-book continuity, it doesn’t need any new knowledge to pick it up. The Storm and Namor dialogue is possibly the very best in superhero comics right now. And we have a new Savage Land, an area of the country isolated and taken forward in evolutionary time to create a whole new world to fight in.
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Today:
There are spoilers here, for the final episode of Sherlock, which aired last night on BBC 1, The Reichenbach Fall.
Here’s a Game of Thrones promo focusing on the material filmed in Croatia.
Thanks to a few Little Bleeders, I’ve been pointed towards a forum post that purports to reveal details of a specific action scene in The Avengers. Reading the description, I found that another sequence in another film came straight to mind.
- Emma Watts Will Lead 20th Century Fox Film in the Disney Era - October 18, 2018
- Happy! Season 2: Making Easter Great Again with Weird Al and More Morrison Magic - October 6, 2018
- Mile High Pedigree Planet Comics Run Coming To ComicConnect Event Auction Beginning November 12 - October 5, 2018
- Batman 1839, Part 1: Mad Men of Gotham - September 18, 2018
- Getting Ready for the Year of the Bat - September 16, 2018