I received a comment last night from a prominent comic book writer, regarding the released art for the cover to Avengers Vs X-Men #0.
“Has anyone pointed out that Frank Cho drew the Scarlet Witch and Jean Grey (or whoever that is) flying out of a vagina on this cover?”
Well, prominent comic book writer, you did. Oh and that’s Hope, by the way. Still, we have a duty of care, so put the matter to Frank Cho himself. He replied;
” It never occurred to me that I was drawing a giant vagina when I drew this cover. I could kind of see it now in its final colored form. It’s funny how people project their fears, concerns and fantasies into other people’s art.
“Like Georgia O’Keefe, I love vaginas. What’s wrong with vaginas? ;-)”
Commentators in the forum, please refrain from answering that. Far more scandalous is how the logo covered up all that Frank Cho art…
- A Viking Funeral At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017
- A Comic Show Post-San Diego… “Some Jackass Who’s Always On Bleeding Cool” – Robert Kirkman - July 25, 2017
- My Conversation with Sonny Liew: The Eisner Winner Behind ‘The Art Of Charlie Chan Hock Chye’ - July 25, 2017
- You’d Have Gotten An Exiles #125 With Marvel Legacy If It Wasn’t for Those Pesky Kids - July 25, 2017
- Jorge Molina And RB Silva Join Charles Soule On Astonishing X-Men? - July 25, 2017