I received a comment last night from a prominent comic book writer, regarding the released art for the cover to Avengers Vs X-Men #0.
“Has anyone pointed out that Frank Cho drew the Scarlet Witch and Jean Grey (or whoever that is) flying out of a vagina on this cover?”
Well, prominent comic book writer, you did. Oh and that’s Hope, by the way. Still, we have a duty of care, so put the matter to Frank Cho himself. He replied;
” It never occurred to me that I was drawing a giant vagina when I drew this cover. I could kind of see it now in its final colored form. It’s funny how people project their fears, concerns and fantasies into other people’s art.
“Like Georgia O’Keefe, I love vaginas. What’s wrong with vaginas? ;-)”
Commentators in the forum, please refrain from answering that. Far more scandalous is how the logo covered up all that Frank Cho art…
- No One Told JH Williams III That Promethea Was Joining the Justice League - January 18, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Created Variant of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018