Quite a bit of controversy in the air for a December Sunday, but at least it isn’t snow. A pair of comic shops vs Dark Horse Digital, Ken Penders continuing storylines with Sonic characters, and Alan Moore discusses Frank Miller. What will Monday bring? I must say I see a few interesting things in drafts…
Most-Read Comic Stories Today:
Last week, Dark Horse announced that it too was going day-and-date digital for all its comics. However, unlike other publishers, it was charging a lower price for digital from the get go.
And now he seems to be taking the step of publishing the characters separately from the Sonic comic. Even if they still look just like Sonic characters. He writes;
“Well, Frank Miller is someone whose work I’ve barely looked at for the past twenty years. I thought the Sin City stuff was unreconstructed misogyny, 300 appeared to be wildly ahistoric, homophobic and just completely misguided. I think that there has probably been a rather unpleasant sensibility apparent in Frank Miller’s work for quite a long time. Since I don’t have anything to do with the comics industry, I don’t have anything to do with the people in it.”
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Today:
Then, beneath the opening sequence, the trailer for The Legend of Korra that premiered at Comic-Con.
There’s only one obvious surprise in the line-up, and Waters even acknowledges how unexpected a choice it is in his accompanying comments.
Brooker was very clear that he didn’t want us to give away too much, so I think I’m going to leave this just to what he said. That way, he’ll have nobody else to blame but himself.
Most-Clicked Pics Today:
- What Does Epcot Announcement Mean For Guardians Of The Galaxy 4 And Beyond? - July 15, 2017
- Roswell, The Beginnings Of The UFO Craze And What It Has To Do With DC Comics - July 8, 2017
- Image Comics, Howard Chaykin Issue Apology, Pull Cover For Divided States Of Hysteria #4 - July 1, 2017
- The Secret Origin Of Spider-Man’s “Friendly Neighborhood” - June 26, 2017
- Did Somebody Say Madam Satan? Pep Comics #16 Heats Up At Auction - June 16, 2017