That’s the tweet sent out at the end of September, assuring people as the news streamed out that DC Comics were getting into bed with Amazon Kindle Fire, that they would be able to access these one hundred digital graphic novels on their Apple iPads, say.
However, when the books went live for downloading yesterday, people with Kindle Apps on iPads and the like, discovered that this wasn’t true. The DC Comics are specifically Kindle device exclusive, as can be seen below.
When asked to explain the discrepency, DC Comics declined to answer.
UPDATE: I’ve been led to understand that this may actually be a technical rather than a legal issue. Different devices do have different fomats to be optimised for and a hundred graphic novels is a lot of content…
- Who Let Tony Lee Help Run The London Film And Comic Con This Weekend? - July 26, 2017
- Jared Leto In Talks For Valiant’s Bloodshot Movie - July 26, 2017
- After Arkham Asylum 2, Dark Knight 3 And Doomsday Clock… What Sequel Could Be Next? - July 25, 2017
- Remember That Time The Savage Dragon Had Some Questions To Ask God? - July 25, 2017
- From Perfect To Real: Moving Beyond The Strong Female Character At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017