Axel Alonso, editor-in-chief seemed to slip it into his weekly piece with CBR, saying;
That said, I’m proud of X-23’s run. Two successful limited series and an ongoing series ain’t bad. Ditto for Daken [who is also ending his series.] From a supporting role in “Wolverine: Origins” to the lead of ongoing series that included him slicing Frank Castle to bits — enter Franken-Castle. Both were characters that gained traction in a market that, well, doesn’t really have a great track record of supporting new stuff. And both characters anchored legitimate monthly titles. We don’t do R&D at Marvel. We’ll stick by a title for a while — like we did with “Spider-Girl” — but there comes a point where that title has to earn, usually sooner than later.
The R&D thing sticks out a little. Thing is, Marvel do R&D all the time, in print and in digital, but usually Marvel have used this kind of line as a dig against DC in the past, implying that their sales aren’t up to scratch. It’s just a bit difficult to use it right now…
- J Michael Straczynski On The Importance – Or Not – Of Superman’s Red Shorts - January 16, 2017
- Clone Conspiracy #4 Goes Back To Amazing Fantasy #15 – But Not Quite In The Way You MightThink - January 16, 2017
- How Jason Fabok’s Watchmen Covers For Batman And Flash In April Came About… - January 16, 2017
- Unfollow And Clean Room: Season One End With #18 – More Frankensteining DC Solicits For April 2016 As $3.99 Is The New $2.99 - January 16, 2017
- Jessica Jones Meets Roger Rabbit – Black Cloud #1, Out This April, From Jason Latour, Ivan Brandon, Greg Finkle, Matt Wilson And Image Comics - January 16, 2017