Bleeding Cool broke the story of the details of one Strange Talent Of Luther Strode by Justin Jordan and Tradd Moore earlier in the year. And yesterday it was published by Image Comics. And the reviews have been extraordinary.
The aftermarket price… less so. Yet I believe this has the potential to be another big hit for Image, on the levels of Chew, Nonplayer or Morning Glories.
Because this is a clever book, the kind of comic hat people could and should get attached to, with string philosophical ideas, engaging and challenging characters and fast paced dialogue.
But it also doesn’t have some wussy indie artist ruining it all. This is ultra detailed clean art, covered in untraviolent mangaesque splatter blood. It’s almost as pretty as Nonplayer, but everything explodes, gets riped apart and bleeds.
It was also on the cover of Previews but was ordered less that books that are usually on the cover of Previews. And while copies are on eBay at cover price… there aren’t many copies. All this makes me think that this could be a very hot new book indeed, but nobody has realised it yet.
They might now.
WARNING: Speculating in comic books is a mug’s game. Retailers can buy them for half the price you do. Many comic books end up in the quarter bins. Many more fortunes have been lost than won doing it. Still, I’m glad I bought Chew #1…
- Did Bleeding Cool Move Your Needle? - July 23, 2017
- Geek Food: The Lich King Ice Cream At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- Dan DiDio Reveals The Secret Origins Of The Comic Creators – And The Fans – At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- The First Thirteenth Doctor Cosplay At San Diego Comic-Con…Is By A Man - July 23, 2017
- David Duchovny Says He Had Difficulty Voice Acting For X-Files Audible Series - July 23, 2017