Earlier today, in the wake of discussion of the behaviour and actions of the character Starfire in Red Hood And The Outlaws, colourist Blond (who collared me in the Hayatt at San Diego over the now-all-but-forgotten accidental Red Hood penis cover shot from the original cover to this comic) posted on this image on his Deviant Art site;
The original version of Starfire from Red Hood & The Outlaws #1 page 10. They originally wanted a semi-transparent bikini.
Of course, this was when it was originally a T+ book…
Gail Simone posted on her message board a private Instant Messenger exchange between herself and Red Hood writer Scott Lobdell;
Scott: Why didn’t you WARN me?
Gail: I DID warn you, I said your Kory sucked!
Scott: Well, that’s certainly an opinion!
She followed with the explanation;
Just so everyone knows, I am brutal to Scott Lobdell because I think it’s hilarious. But I put this post up because I thought HIS response was fantastic, it really made me laugh.
“Well, that’s certainly an opinion!”
I honestly thought that was a brilliant comeback, I’m totally swiping it.
A few hours later however, the thread was gone. The board moderator explained;
Um, given that the Starfire thread was closed…
Making fun of each other…always good.
Going back to that topic…not good.
Continuing on another internet message board somewhere near you right now…
- Black Mask Creators Talk The Benefits Of Comics At San Diego Comic-Con - July 21, 2017
- The Young Justice: Outsiders, Revealed – Could This Be Their First Gay Member? - July 21, 2017
- More ComiXology Exclusive Marvel Comics To Come After ‘Iron Fists’ - July 21, 2017
- Comic Book Retailer Exclusives Given Away At San Diego Comic-Con Today - July 21, 2017
- Deborah Watling, Victoria In Doctor Who, Dies At 69 - July 21, 2017