A few days ago, Bleeding Cool pointed out that DC had bought Marvel as a Twitter search keyword, so that anyone who searched for Marvel got a DC ad up front for the New 52 relaunch. While not illegal, this is the kind of thing that can be challenged by a trademark owner in a competitive field and, as in this case, the keyword is usually withdrawn by Twitter, or wheoever the ad seller happens to be.
Today, DC have taken a slightly different tack. They have bought the Twitter keywords Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor and X-Men. But rather than buy the worldwide rights, they’ve bought the American-only rights.
So that I can’t see them.
Thankfully Bleeding Cool readers with an American IP address can…
- Fantastic Four Characters Removed From Sale For Marvel Heroes Game - June 28, 2017
- Steve McNiven’s Old Man Logan, Recreated As Shoreditch Graffiti By Twentieth Century Fox - June 28, 2017
- Top Ten Theories About The End Of Today’s Saga #44 - June 28, 2017
- Three Marvel Characters Return To Secret Empire #5 – This Is A Big Bad Spoiler About Just One Of Them - June 27, 2017
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today, And It’s Batman Season For Elmer Fudd – A Comic Show - June 27, 2017