A few days ago, Bleeding Cool pointed out that DC had bought Marvel as a Twitter search keyword, so that anyone who searched for Marvel got a DC ad up front for the New 52 relaunch. While not illegal, this is the kind of thing that can be challenged by a trademark owner in a competitive field and, as in this case, the keyword is usually withdrawn by Twitter, or wheoever the ad seller happens to be.
Today, DC have taken a slightly different tack. They have bought the Twitter keywords Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor and X-Men. But rather than buy the worldwide rights, they’ve bought the American-only rights.
So that I can’t see them.
Thankfully Bleeding Cool readers with an American IP address can…
- Marvel Comics Liquidates the Retailer Liquidation List: Almost 1000 Titles Must Go - December 16, 2017
- Could We Get an Exclusive Star Wars Comic Featuring Rey in This Month’s Loot Crate? - December 16, 2017
- I Like Bi Books and I Cannot Lie: Elizabeth Beier’s Trials and Errors - December 16, 2017
- Shonen Magazine to Run “Marvel Manga Awards” to Recruit Japanese Marvel Talent - December 16, 2017
- A New Age of Comics Begins in Albuquerque, New Mexico - December 16, 2017