A few days ago, Bleeding Cool pointed out that DC had bought Marvel as a Twitter search keyword, so that anyone who searched for Marvel got a DC ad up front for the New 52 relaunch. While not illegal, this is the kind of thing that can be challenged by a trademark owner in a competitive field and, as in this case, the keyword is usually withdrawn by Twitter, or wheoever the ad seller happens to be.
Today, DC have taken a slightly different tack. They have bought the Twitter keywords Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor and X-Men. But rather than buy the worldwide rights, they’ve bought the American-only rights.
So that I can’t see them.
Thankfully Bleeding Cool readers with an American IP address can…
- Tying Up One Of Those Civil War II Hanging Threads In Today’s Ultimates 2… - April 26, 2017
- DC Comics Ch-Ch-Changes – Hal, Hell And Harley - April 26, 2017
- Another Fake Jack Kirby Page Sells For Over $2000 On eBay - April 26, 2017
- Adult Swim Confirms That Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter Is Returning In May - April 26, 2017
- A Comic Store In Your Future – Guardians 2 Will Be A Smash. The Comics, Not So Much. - April 26, 2017