A few days ago, Bleeding Cool pointed out that DC had bought Marvel as a Twitter search keyword, so that anyone who searched for Marvel got a DC ad up front for the New 52 relaunch. While not illegal, this is the kind of thing that can be challenged by a trademark owner in a competitive field and, as in this case, the keyword is usually withdrawn by Twitter, or wheoever the ad seller happens to be.
Today, DC have taken a slightly different tack. They have bought the Twitter keywords Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor and X-Men. But rather than buy the worldwide rights, they’ve bought the American-only rights.
So that I can’t see them.
Thankfully Bleeding Cool readers with an American IP address can…
- DC Comics April 2018 Catalog – Solicits From Action Comics #1000 to Splitting Batman In Two… - January 22, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Trinity With #22 in April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Will Marvel’s New Young Guns Move the Needle? - January 22, 2018
- 20 Previews of Free Comic Book Day 2018 Titles, from Barrier to Relay to 2000AD Reneged - January 22, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits for April 2018 - January 22, 2018