A few days ago, Bleeding Cool pointed out that DC had bought Marvel as a Twitter search keyword, so that anyone who searched for Marvel got a DC ad up front for the New 52 relaunch. While not illegal, this is the kind of thing that can be challenged by a trademark owner in a competitive field and, as in this case, the keyword is usually withdrawn by Twitter, or wheoever the ad seller happens to be.
Today, DC have taken a slightly different tack. They have bought the Twitter keywords Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor and X-Men. But rather than buy the worldwide rights, they’ve bought the American-only rights.
So that I can’t see them.
Thankfully Bleeding Cool readers with an American IP address can…
- Bringing Back The Fantastic Four In Infamous Iron Man? Really? (SPOILERS) - February 22, 2017
- Marvel To Republish King, Walta And Bellaire’s The Vision As Two-Issue “Director’s Cuts” - February 22, 2017
- All The Funko Universe Comics Covers We Can Find For May 2017 - February 22, 2017
- Warning! Amazing Spider-Man #24… Doesn’t Have Much Amazing Spider-Man In It (SPOILERS) - February 22, 2017
- FULL Image Comics Solicits For May 2017 – Launching Regression, Youngblood, Eternal Empire, Paklis, Samaritan, 25c Saga, And More Grrl Scouts, Renato Jones And The Dying And The Dead - February 22, 2017