A few days ago, Bleeding Cool pointed out that DC had bought Marvel as a Twitter search keyword, so that anyone who searched for Marvel got a DC ad up front for the New 52 relaunch. While not illegal, this is the kind of thing that can be challenged by a trademark owner in a competitive field and, as in this case, the keyword is usually withdrawn by Twitter, or wheoever the ad seller happens to be.
Today, DC have taken a slightly different tack. They have bought the Twitter keywords Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor and X-Men. But rather than buy the worldwide rights, they’ve bought the American-only rights.
So that I can’t see them.
Thankfully Bleeding Cool readers with an American IP address can…
- Black Mask Creators Talk The Benefits Of Comics At San Diego Comic-Con - July 21, 2017
- The Young Justice: Outsiders, Revealed – Could This Be Their First Gay Member? - July 21, 2017
- More ComiXology Exclusive Marvel Comics To Come After ‘Iron Fists’ - July 21, 2017
- Comic Book Retailer Exclusives Given Away At San Diego Comic-Con Today - July 21, 2017
- Deborah Watling, Victoria In Doctor Who, Dies At 69 - July 21, 2017