A few days ago, Bleeding Cool pointed out that DC had bought Marvel as a Twitter search keyword, so that anyone who searched for Marvel got a DC ad up front for the New 52 relaunch. While not illegal, this is the kind of thing that can be challenged by a trademark owner in a competitive field and, as in this case, the keyword is usually withdrawn by Twitter, or wheoever the ad seller happens to be.
Today, DC have taken a slightly different tack. They have bought the Twitter keywords Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor and X-Men. But rather than buy the worldwide rights, they’ve bought the American-only rights.
So that I can’t see them.
Thankfully Bleeding Cool readers with an American IP address can…
- 25 Years Ago Today, Superman Died At The Hands Of Doomsday – Three Days Later Will He Rise Again In Doomsday Clock? - November 18, 2017
- Geoff Johns Is Leaving The Country For The Release Of Doomsday Clock - November 18, 2017
- America’s New Cultural Invasion Is Manhwa, Korean Webcomics - November 18, 2017
- Silver Sprocket Signs Distro Deal With Devil – Otherwise Known As Diamond Comic Distributors - November 18, 2017
- Dark Horse Launces Buffy Spinoff ‘Giles’ By Joss Whedon, Erika Alexander, And Jon Lam In February 2018 Solicits - November 18, 2017