A few days ago, Bleeding Cool pointed out that DC had bought Marvel as a Twitter search keyword, so that anyone who searched for Marvel got a DC ad up front for the New 52 relaunch. While not illegal, this is the kind of thing that can be challenged by a trademark owner in a competitive field and, as in this case, the keyword is usually withdrawn by Twitter, or wheoever the ad seller happens to be.
Today, DC have taken a slightly different tack. They have bought the Twitter keywords Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor and X-Men. But rather than buy the worldwide rights, they’ve bought the American-only rights.
So that I can’t see them.
Thankfully Bleeding Cool readers with an American IP address can…
- Now Raina Telgemeier’s Drama Banned In An Entire Educational District In Texas - October 17, 2017
- Superwoman, The First DC Rebirth Title To Be Cancelled – Blue Beetle To Follow - October 17, 2017
- Plaid Klaus And Devmalya Pramanik Talk Void Trip, Paradiso, and Image Comics. - October 17, 2017
- When Alison Bechdel, Marjane Satrapi And Roz Chast Appeared On The Simpsons - October 17, 2017
- Asterix Cover Art Sells For 1.65 Million Dollars - October 17, 2017