A few days ago, Bleeding Cool pointed out that DC had bought Marvel as a Twitter search keyword, so that anyone who searched for Marvel got a DC ad up front for the New 52 relaunch. While not illegal, this is the kind of thing that can be challenged by a trademark owner in a competitive field and, as in this case, the keyword is usually withdrawn by Twitter, or wheoever the ad seller happens to be.
Today, DC have taken a slightly different tack. They have bought the Twitter keywords Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor and X-Men. But rather than buy the worldwide rights, they’ve bought the American-only rights.
So that I can’t see them.
Thankfully Bleeding Cool readers with an American IP address can…
- More Changes For Justice League #23 And #24 Creative Teams With Tom DeFalco, Dan Abnett, Ian Churchill, Tom Derenick And Trevor Scott - May 24, 2017
- DC Comics To Let Retailers Sell Dark Days: The Forge And Other June 14th Comics From Midnight On The 13th… - May 24, 2017
- Amazon Glitchwatch: 73% Off 75th Anniversary Marvel Masterworks Slipcase Set On Amazon.co.uk - May 24, 2017
- Danger Dolls #0 Crossover Event And Toyetica #1, Launching From Action Lab And Danger Zone August 2017 Solicitations - May 24, 2017
- Black Mask Comics Solicitations For August 2017 Head To The Afterlife… - May 24, 2017