A few days ago, Bleeding Cool pointed out that DC had bought Marvel as a Twitter search keyword, so that anyone who searched for Marvel got a DC ad up front for the New 52 relaunch. While not illegal, this is the kind of thing that can be challenged by a trademark owner in a competitive field and, as in this case, the keyword is usually withdrawn by Twitter, or wheoever the ad seller happens to be.
Today, DC have taken a slightly different tack. They have bought the Twitter keywords Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor and X-Men. But rather than buy the worldwide rights, they’ve bought the American-only rights.
So that I can’t see them.
Thankfully Bleeding Cool readers with an American IP address can…
- Comic Store In Your Future – I’m Only Following Orders - March 25, 2017
- Man In Joker Cosplay Arrested In Virginia, Could Get Five Years - March 25, 2017
- Weekend Without Bernie – Michael Davis, From The Edge - March 25, 2017
- Marvel Publish All-New Wolverine #19, The First ResurrXion Issue On Marvel Unlimited Two Weeks Before It’s In Print (UPDATE) - March 25, 2017
- 15 Page Preview Of Power Rangers’ Movie Sequel Graphic Novel - March 25, 2017