A few days ago, Bleeding Cool pointed out that DC had bought Marvel as a Twitter search keyword, so that anyone who searched for Marvel got a DC ad up front for the New 52 relaunch. While not illegal, this is the kind of thing that can be challenged by a trademark owner in a competitive field and, as in this case, the keyword is usually withdrawn by Twitter, or wheoever the ad seller happens to be.
Today, DC have taken a slightly different tack. They have bought the Twitter keywords Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor and X-Men. But rather than buy the worldwide rights, they’ve bought the American-only rights.
So that I can’t see them.
Thankfully Bleeding Cool readers with an American IP address can…
- Talking With Skottie Young: “I Think It’s Amazing I’m Known At All” - September 25, 2017
- Jody Houser Puts The “Rebel” Line Back Into Star Wars: Rogue One - September 25, 2017
- Mark Waid On Death Threats, Harassment, And Current Discourse In Comic Books - September 25, 2017
- Who Returns In Marvel Legacy #1, Revealed (MAJOR SPOILERS UPDATE) - September 25, 2017
- The BBC Asks – What If Alan Moore Or John Wagner Wrote Fred Basset? - September 25, 2017