Robert Chapek will replace Andy Mooney, who resigned as Chairman of the division earlier this week.
Disney Consumer Products extends Disney brands into everything from apparel, toys and home décor to books and magazines, foods and beverages, stationery, electronics and animation art, as well as Disney Publishing Worldwide, and DisneyStore.com.
But Disney state that Chapek will oversee a newly formed companywide consumer products organization, which will consolidate retail and licensing across Disney’s lines of business including Walt Disney Studios, Pixar, Marvel, Media Networks, Interactive Media and Consumer Products.
Basically the comic publisher will now report directly into Chapek, whereas before they had a pretty autonomous working relationship within the company. The only real changes seen by the consumer have been Tron, Pixar and Muppets comics from Marvel. There is now scope to extend that…
- Bumping The Numbers On The 25-Cent Saga #43 By Bryan K Vaughan And Fiona Staples - April 27, 2017
- Exclusive: A Few DC Covers For May, From Gary Frank To Frank Cho To Jim Lee To Emanuela Lupacchino To Jenny Frison - April 27, 2017
- Final Part Of Watchmen Crossover “The Button” In Flash #22, Is Running Late… - April 27, 2017
- Image Comics To Publish New Black And White Spawn Cover Variants As Well! - April 27, 2017
- Tom Holland, The New Spider-Man, Films Video For Free Comic Book Day To Promote Marvel’s Secret Empire - April 27, 2017