Robert Chapek will replace Andy Mooney, who resigned as Chairman of the division earlier this week.
Disney Consumer Products extends Disney brands into everything from apparel, toys and home décor to books and magazines, foods and beverages, stationery, electronics and animation art, as well as Disney Publishing Worldwide, and DisneyStore.com.
But Disney state that Chapek will oversee a newly formed companywide consumer products organization, which will consolidate retail and licensing across Disney’s lines of business including Walt Disney Studios, Pixar, Marvel, Media Networks, Interactive Media and Consumer Products.
Basically the comic publisher will now report directly into Chapek, whereas before they had a pretty autonomous working relationship within the company. The only real changes seen by the consumer have been Tron, Pixar and Muppets comics from Marvel. There is now scope to extend that…
- Second Prints For Unstoppable Wasp, IVX And The Few - January 19, 2017
- Dan Panosian Talks To Bleeding Cool About Working With Joe Quesada On The X-Men Comic That Appears In The Logan Movie - January 19, 2017
- There’s A DC Comic In The January Loot Crate…. - January 19, 2017
- How The Green Lanterns Comic Tackles Anxiety In A Remarkably Superheroic Fashion - January 19, 2017
- Twenty-Three Uses For An Overshipped Marvel Comic - January 19, 2017