Robert Chapek will replace Andy Mooney, who resigned as Chairman of the division earlier this week.
Disney Consumer Products extends Disney brands into everything from apparel, toys and home décor to books and magazines, foods and beverages, stationery, electronics and animation art, as well as Disney Publishing Worldwide, and DisneyStore.com.
But Disney state that Chapek will oversee a newly formed companywide consumer products organization, which will consolidate retail and licensing across Disney’s lines of business including Walt Disney Studios, Pixar, Marvel, Media Networks, Interactive Media and Consumer Products.
Basically the comic publisher will now report directly into Chapek, whereas before they had a pretty autonomous working relationship within the company. The only real changes seen by the consumer have been Tron, Pixar and Muppets comics from Marvel. There is now scope to extend that…
- DC Comics Cancels Doom Patrol #12 Orders, Delays It Until at Least April - January 18, 2018
- Justice League Of America’s Queen Of Fables Story Gets an Extra Issue - January 18, 2018
- AfterShock Signs Zac Thompson and Lonnie Nadler for 3 Comics Series – Her Infernal Descent is the First - January 18, 2018
- Spider-Man Goes to Wakanda in New Marvel Kids Comic, Marvel Super Hero Adventures - January 18, 2018
- Will Doomsday Clock Bring Back the Legion and the Justice Society? And What’s With Shazam? - January 18, 2018