Robert Chapek will replace Andy Mooney, who resigned as Chairman of the division earlier this week.
Disney Consumer Products extends Disney brands into everything from apparel, toys and home décor to books and magazines, foods and beverages, stationery, electronics and animation art, as well as Disney Publishing Worldwide, and DisneyStore.com.
But Disney state that Chapek will oversee a newly formed companywide consumer products organization, which will consolidate retail and licensing across Disney’s lines of business including Walt Disney Studios, Pixar, Marvel, Media Networks, Interactive Media and Consumer Products.
Basically the comic publisher will now report directly into Chapek, whereas before they had a pretty autonomous working relationship within the company. The only real changes seen by the consumer have been Tron, Pixar and Muppets comics from Marvel. There is now scope to extend that…
- A Few DC Covers You May Or May Not Have Seen For August, From Cho To Portacio To Albuquerque - July 27, 2017
- Riccardo Federici Draws The Evil Batmen Of Metal For DC Comics Promotional Items - July 27, 2017
- Harley Quinn Homages The Dark Knight Returns For Batman Day Takeover - July 27, 2017
- DC Comics Cancels Suicide Squad: The Black Files — For Now - July 27, 2017
- 3 New Marvel Comics Adult Coloring Books Coming In 2018: Black Panther, New Mutants, And Avengers - July 26, 2017