Jack Kirby (1917-1994) was born today 94 years ago. Kirby was one of the most influential comic book artists ever, and as a big fan I’ve been pleased to see several blog posts and tweets marking the occasion already this morning. And I also think this is one of those times that a picture really is worth a thousand words, so check out the gallery below for several examples of Jack’s original artwork. There’s nothing quite like looking at a Kirby original, particularly since the comic printing capabilities in use during much of his career were very limited by today’s standards. If you’ve ever had the opportunity to check out a Kirby original up close and in person you know what I’m talking about — it’s just art board, pencil, and ink, but you can practically feel the radiation coming off the page.
- I Think We’ve Already Seen A Good Look At Matt Reeves’ Take On Batman - April 30, 2017
- ‘Superman Vs KKK’ Headed To Film - April 29, 2017
- Stephen King’s Firestarter Gets A Remake By Akiva Goldsman And Scott Teems - April 28, 2017
- Infinity Gauntlet Is Not The Title Of ‘Avengers 4’, Says James Gunn - April 25, 2017
- Hawkgirl Day: Celebrating The First Appearance Of One Of The First Female Comic Book Superheroes - April 25, 2017