Here is an exclusive first look at the finished art for a series of beer bottle labels drawn by multiple Eisner-winning Nexus artist Steve Rude.
These are for a new run of specialty brews being offered by Edmonton’s Sherbrooke Liquor, under the brand of Revere Beer.
Each of the twelve beers in this series features a different beer-related god from the world’s various pantheons, from Tepoztecatl (god of the fermented Aztec beer Pulque) to Kamui Fuchi (the hearth goddess of Japan’s Anui, who brewers prayed to in order to receive fermentation).
The beers themselves have been brewed by the Paddock Wood Brewing Company, in consultation with Jeff Werstiuk to reflect the god represented and the culture that god arises from. One new beer will be released each quarter for three years, starting in August with Slavic goddess of beer Ragutiene, whose beer will be a Baltic Porter.
A calendar is also planned featuring all 12 of the Steve Rude images, which will be available through Happy Harbor Comics chain in Edmonton.
These labels are the latest production for Sherbrooke by comics publishing/packaging firm About Comics, run by old hand Nat Gertler, who had previously arranged for artist Scott Shaw! to draw a simian-starring label for the Bananas Foster-inspired beer Mojo A’Peel.
- Riz Ahmed And Billie Piper In Trailer For City Of Tiny Lights - January 19, 2017
- The Panels, Guest And Signing Schedules For 2000AD’s 40 Years Of Thrill-Power Festival Next Month - January 19, 2017
- Death’s Head Creators Hit Banbury, As Its Comic Con Returns - January 19, 2017
- Watchmen Lenticular Covers For Batman And Flash “The Button” Story Won’t Be In Previews – Retailers Have To Order Now - January 18, 2017
- Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1 Gets A Nice New Cover For Its Second Print… - January 18, 2017